Skip to main content
Topic: not sure where to put this one (Read 572 times) previous topic - next topic

not sure where to put this one

ok guys and girls welcome again to another episode of Dan's rough luck I was messing with the car awhile back before I started coming to this site alot and I had to take the tranny bolts out for some reason I think it was when I was putting my engine in. anyway I pulled the bell housing bolts loose. Oil came out of the hole as well as the bolt being soaked in oil. the reason I thought of it was I was under the car last weekend and I was messing around trying to find where my oil leak is. I noticed the little drain hole in between the bell housing and the TC cover had oil dripping out of it. ok Im guessing its time to kill the 3.8 and put the 5.0 in like I want. Im thinking its the rear seal leaking which I didnt change when I put the motor in ( yeah I know a move like that is jackass material) but regardless somethings leaking and its just as easy to pull the motor. so looks like I get what I want:evilgrin:
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

94 Lincoln Towncar, Dark Metallic Green, 4.6L AOD
SOLD!!!!

99 Mercury Cougar. V6 MTX75 Trans. CURRENT PROJECT DAILY DRIVER.

Reply #1
I think that is a rear oil galley plug...
Someone else ought to know for sure though.
Mine leaks oil from 2 or 3 different places, front main, rear main, and the pan gasket leaks too.
Soon as Uncle Sam giveth back (some of) what he taketh in the first place, I am pulling this able bent-six, and replacing with a good ole chunk of 8-hole iron.
After it gets new gaskets and good checking over.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #2
yeah same thing here as soon as uncle same gets his slow @ss in gear the 6 is coming out and a 302 is going in. got the motor just need the stuff to hook it in and make it quieter.
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

94 Lincoln Towncar, Dark Metallic Green, 4.6L AOD
SOLD!!!!

99 Mercury Cougar. V6 MTX75 Trans. CURRENT PROJECT DAILY DRIVER.