Skip to main content
Topic: I broke down and bought it (Read 1477 times) previous topic - next topic

I broke down and bought it

I have been tossing this around for almost a year and a half. I finally said the hell with it,I bought the ZEX nitrous 75-125 shot for my car. Can't wait to see what it will do now in the 1/4 mile:D

Reply #1
Have fun, but remember, don't suck it straight out of the bottle and then drive. lol

Reply #2
If you huff industrial (automotive) N20 ur not gunna feel very good.

Reply #3
Wet or Dry setup?

Reply #4
125 horse shot would almost have to be a wet system, wouldn't it?  Pardon my ignorance, I'm not well versed in the principles of teh naawz.

Reply #5
Not neccesarily. I work with a guy selling a Zex kit thats 75 to 150 and its a dry kit. Its off of his GTP.

Reply #6
hey polarcat, let us know what it runs in the 1/4 after the nitrous.  what other mods you got?

Reply #7
Quote from: polarcat 87
. . .

Geeesshhh, now there's a name I haven't seen in ages. How ya been man? glad you found the new forum!
Duckin' agents like we was trapped in da matrix!

Reply #8
yea it is a dry system,from what I have read when you get up past 150hp shot then they recommend a wet shot.
 kewlbird08 what part of NW Ohio you in?I am in the Port Clinton area.
 Hey Mercoug302,man with 3 kids (8 and younger) a new promotion at work been busy busy busy,I do stop by once in a blue moon to see what's going on in the Cougar world. I am glad to see everyone is still alive. I am trying to get my car ready for CJ06 but I do not know if I will drive it or trailer it behind the Subruban.
  This is my goal with the nitrous- I have gone to several FFW meets at Norwalk raceway and watched the true street div. and rarly do you see a fox body Cougar/T-Bird. So this is what I want to do,pump the 125 shot at FFW in the true street div. and see if I can get a low 12sec. pass or even a high 11,in hope MM&FF will notice and get a picture in the mag.:) What ya think.
 As you can see my spelling still sucks.:(

Reply #9
and see if I can get a low 12sec. pass or even a high 11,in hope MM&FF will notice and get a picture in the mag.:) .:(

Sorry not familiar with your car.  What engine and mods?  Anything done over stock?

*EDIT* just noticed your sig, 302 bored 30 over any other mods are your pistons foreged or HT and what kind.  I hope you melt a piston if your using HT. good luck 12's should be seen rather easily, I'm doing it on motor alone.

Reply #10
WOW!!!!!!!!! Hope I melt a piston???? Thats not very nice. I guess I should ask you what your mods are seens how you are driving into the low 12s on all motor.:)

Reply #11
WOW!!!!!!!!! Hope I melt a piston???? Thats not very nice. I guess I should ask you what your mods are seens how you are driving into the low 12s on all motor.:)

heh that was supossed to be "hope you dont":hick:

TFS stage 1 cam
1.7 Full roller rockers
Speed-pro forged pistons 9.5:1 CR
manley hardened push rods
edelbrock air gap high rise intake
600 edelbrock carb
Full set FMS underdrive pulleys
bored .030
TCI AoD performance transmission
3.45 rear gears
2.5 in exhaust with cutouts and an OR X pipe
MSD 6A and MSD billet dist
Taylor 8.5MM steel braid wires
World racing 180cc heads ported and polished with a 3rd angle valve
Block decked for the heads and alignment honed
Hedman shortie headers
Energy suspension performance mounts (engine and Transmission)
8" K&N Velocity Stack
I think thats it, if i remeber anything else Ill add it

420 FHp
350 WHp
car gitted to reduce weight 3170

Reply #12
I am in the Port Clinton area.

Hey!  My girlfriend and I spent a weekend up there this past summer, I absolutely loved it. (For the most part) We met up with some other board members and spent part of a rainy day at Cedar Point.  I'm from the other side of the state, I live nearby Eric.

Reply #13
And me brother, I'm about 2 hours from youngstown.  Wow big boom in ohio members this month.
One 88

Reply #14
i was at the cleveland airport thus making me wanna say CLEVELAND ROCKS