Skip to main content
Topic: SFC Install Estimates (Read 1308 times) previous topic - next topic

SFC Install Estimates

What are you guys paying to get your subframe connectors installed? I just got a quote for $100 more than my highest expectation! If you know of any shops in the Detroit area please let me know.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

SFC Install Estimates

Reply #1
What is your expectation?

How involved of SFC's are you having installed?

Shouldn't take a shop with a lift any more than  2 hours to install your average set.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

SFC Install Estimates

Reply #2
$80, regular sfc from stinger. no seat braces... though i prolly should.

I would like to wait to until I get my own welding equp and after I finish school (welding) and do it myself, but that isn't an option. Time is not on my side.

SFC Install Estimates

Reply #3
Well, by the time you add a couple hours labor in there...

If it's not something they do all the time, then they might pad it a bit.  I know we used to cut a little break on SFC install labor at the shop as it was just one of those things that was done all the time and the techs should be able to do it quickly.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

SFC Install Estimates

Reply #4
Yeah, after I started thinking about it, it doesn't sound too bad. This is with Livernois Motorsports. I just want to make sure I wasn't getting taken to the cleaners. The budget for my car is shrinking by the day. =/ I'm going to have to cancel a few things because I want this done right.

Thanks.

SFC Install Estimates

Reply #5
Never cancel........just put on hold.

SFC Install Estimates

Reply #6
When I had mine done years ago (on my mustang), I took it to a body shop in town that I honestly don't think even knew what subframe connectors were. But they installed em for me for something like $50, I'm thinking. I can't remember. Even painted everything and sprayed on some undercoating after they were done.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

SFC Install Estimates

Reply #7
i was told 200 bucks for subframe connectors made and installed
It's Gumby's fault.