Skip to main content
Topic: 93 Mustang dash in an 87 Thunderbird-Console pics also (Read 5348 times) previous topic - next topic

93 Mustang dash in an 87 Thunderbird-Console pics also

Reply #15
Quote from: Lx-tasy
Thanks everyone.I am going to use the Mustang console but just the front part around teh shifter.I am going to graph the T-Bird one into it so I can have my window and seat controls still.
 Thanks,
  Chris

that would be the reason i was thinking about the swap. i wanted to use the mustang console and maybe blend it into the tbird one so i could have my e brake next to me, instead of a pedal. also i like the more modern pen 15pit style console and gauge surround. which brings me to my next question, what gauges are you going to use? and how will they be mounted if they are tbird ones.

Reply #16
More !!!! More !!!! More!!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #17
i think the bird cougar console is the best but wont fit to that dash so graphing it in will be cool to see.  also maybe the mn12 console could be made to work. kinda looks like the bird but you dont lose the switches on the console. i still find myself reaching for them sometimes. and the colom shifer once in awhile. in my mustang
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #18
I am going to be using the Mustang 140 speedo cluster for now.I have a gage cage for the center vents to put in later on, maybe oil and temp, or maybe oil and boost, who knows as of now.My mind changes everyday.In fact I almost sped the car last night, I was soooooooo mad, lol.
  I am not putting the e-brake back in it so I could care less if its in the center or on the floor, lol.
 The MN12s had thier switches on the doors and not the console.Thats why I am wanting to graph the turbo coupe console into the Mustang console.That way I have all my control at my side and have a nice center console to make things look neat.I am going tomorrow to pick up a Musatng console just to see how well it fits or even if it does fit, lol.Plus as I said, I am not using the e-brkae so the turbo coupe console will work great.
 Thanks alot for your compliments and ideas.
 Chris

Reply #19
Wow looks good.  Are you going to leave the pony badge on there?  I think it is really unique, but is something i would never do mainly because everyone keeps telling me just to get a mustang since they are so much easier and cheaper to sup' up.  But it's like I don't want a mustang I want this, because it's different.  Hehe, regardless, you get mad kudos. 
Paul
P.S.  I believe the word you guys are actually looking for is graft, not graph.

Reply #21
DakotaEpic-Yeah that was the word I was trying to get out, but either way you understood what I was talking about.:D

Eric- That looks as bad as mine.Its coming along though.

I started fabbing the center console today.Isnt really that hard.Like I said, I am goning to "graft" the Mustang console into the Thunderbird console.I did some cutting and riviting today and then laid alot of fiberglass on it.Its starting to take shpe and it super sturdy.I will post pics maybe tomorrow or this week-end.

Thanks,
  Chris

Hey that E-Bay Cougar link looks like it has a Mustang K-Member in it also.

Reply #22
This is a project I wouldn't mind trying once I get my new car.What is the wiring situation like?Is there a lot of harness mods?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #23
Quote from: EricCoolCats
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-cougar-drag-project-race-car-caged_W0QQitemZ4593719863QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mustang dash in a 1988 Cougar drag car. With Mustang "counsel". ;)

Man, that's gotta suck. It looks like he had a lot of work into it already, but had to give up at the end of the money.

Reply #24
Well for the wiring, some of the wires are the correct color but everything is going to have to be wired in to the dash.I took all the dash wiring, engine wiring and the majority of it under the carpet from the Mustang.So basically I just have to tap into the T-Bird wiring whatever wire corrosponds with the Mustang wiring.For example the rear de-fogger, lights etc.Same goes for the front lights and so fourth.
 Its not going to be as bad as it sounds, I just have to figure out the color codes for the Bird and Mustang and what wires do what.
 Thanks,
  Chris

Reply #25
Quote from: EricCoolCats
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-cougar-drag-project-race-car-caged_W0QQitemZ4593719863QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mustang dash in a 1988 Cougar drag car. With Mustang "counsel". ;)

:( contacted the guy about this car, and here is the email I received today...
acually going to cut the car up saturday, Going to pull the cage out and give it to my buddy, Going to pull all the body panels off and cut out the sub fram connectors and use them in my notch. has through the floor sub fram connectors
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Here is the console-not quite finished yet

Reply #26
Here are a few pics of the console.I am not quite done with it as you can see.I made that bridge between the shifter and controls so the control panel lip would fit under it and hold it tight, so far so good on that.I still have to lay some filler fiberglass on a few spots and prep it for paint.But all and all  it turned out pretty good.
 Thanks,
  Chris

Reply #27
awesome...looks nice dude....!
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #28
wow... looks amazing

Reply #29
I'm Speechless. That's going to look good when your done.

20006 Ford Fusion SE