Skip to main content
Topic: Thunderbird TCR (Read 3048 times) previous topic - next topic

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #15
Haha I Got You ......

Why Would You Think A Fox T Bird Would Have Five Lug's  ....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #16
not a bad looking interior.  dont get worried if your dash is gone someday it will be in good hands ;)

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #17
re-painted dash, or overly armor all'ed?

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #18
Yep lotsa armour all. I was quite suprized myself... :) The camera doesn't do it justice... especially with that 1,000,000 watt mega multi-flash extravaganza.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Update!

Reply #19
Got the rear 5-Lug conversion done. :) Kinda wish I had lowered it though. But it's my dd, and michigan roads ain't no joke.

Pics suck because the garage is tiny. lol.

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #20
Looks cool with those stang rims. How the hell are you able to do a five lug conversion so quick when i cant seem to replace a heater core?
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #21
cool beans. Do any other center caps fit that rim? it looks pretty good on that car. with a drop down of course.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #22
Quote from: cougrrr302
Looks cool with those stang rims. How the hell are you able to do a five lug conversion so quick when i cant seem to replace a heater core?

I could probably 5-lug a car in the same amount of time as it took me to put the heater core in the TC. Niether is a bad job.

I like the tri-bars, i thought about putting some on my TC, painted black of course ;)
It's Gumby's fault.

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #23
this is my 3rd 5-lug conversion... it's pretty easy. with drums you can do it in an afternoon. i've done roughly the same in heater cores... i'll take the 5-lug any day. :)

i'm still looking for tbird centers that will fit. i'm just going to go to the boneyard one day and see what i can find.

i'm still thinking about painting mine black and leaving the lip. then i could fill the centercap in and paint matching will be easy breezy.

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #24
Id like to see them done cobra R style, with the polished center, but then youre stuck with the pony
It's Gumby's fault.

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #25
Lookin' good, plus you paid 5 bucks less than what I did, and got a car with a gas tank, hehehe...
anyway, good progress, keep them pics comin!
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #26
I love those wheels w/ the white raised lettering ..Bravo!
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #27
Thanks, but the current car is at the bottom of page two. :)

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #28
Well I'm still looking for parts for a 5 lug, once i get some money. Plus I gotta pick up a Good heater core, not Autozone. I havent done either, but I would rather try Lug conversion anyday. That dash scares me.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Thunderbird TCR

Reply #29
Heater core is easy. Just be patient, and take your time. Dont rush.
It's Gumby's fault.