Skip to main content
Topic: Any experts here? (Read 2832 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Any experts here?

Reply #15
Otay, But it has tobe turned on from some where. I bet that ford used the Power anttenna lead to work the amp and the anttenna. So just cut the power turn on to the amp and all should be good.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Any experts here?

Reply #16
Quote from: 460 turbo truck
personaly, i would re-wire the whole thing, nothing sounds better than new wire, going directly from your stereo to your speakers,

I am kinda wondering about this shop though, they couldn't find the factory amp? that's kinda a sad stereo shop, i'd take it to another, and ask them there best advice

i'd go get a new amp, and rewire it to your deck, i've done 100's of stereos, all my cars are loud ass hell, and most of them sound great,

He's right, i didnt read all the post so if this has already been said i apoligize.  Basically whats happening is you stock head unit put out a lower wattage then it was amped by the in car am for the speakers.  Now that you have a new head unit prolly a 45-50 wat per channel it is going to the amp and bosting it more putting you speakers into saturation or clipping.  Rewire it is the best way,  wont take a couple hours to do the whole car, youll happier with the the sound and more confident in the work.  FIND a new stereo shop.