Skip to main content
Topic: Gas Prices ^ ^ Again !! (Read 4207 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Gas Prices ^ ^ Again !!

Reply #15
Most everything you listed there seems pretty standard with the exception of the smokes.  I dont' know much about property tax, I don't own any.  15% tax on everything is kind of high, but at the rate we're headed, I'm sure it won't be long before that happens here.  They keep upping the "local option" salses taxes.  Most times it will double the tax.  And being on a list for surgery is better than never getting the surgery because you'd rather endure pain and be able to eat for a year.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Reply #16
Well when I get my water bill I get hit for the guys that pic up the garbage, the water that comes into my house, and sewage. I pay for both the water entering my house and leaving my house.

My house is valued at $30,000 I pay $650 a year in property tax. Sales tax is around 8%. And I wonder why I have no money. I also pay for the busses to run through the city but would never ride on one becasue of what does ride on our busses. We pay a 5% tax on gas for road matinence. I would hate to see our road if we didn't pay that they ar bad enough as is.

We also have an entertainment tax. You pay tax on top of tax for say like going to a movie.

D@mn money grubbing politicians.

Reply #17
Bush better not ask for another dime.  If gashiznits three bucks a gallon by Labor Day there's going to be civil unrest in the U.S.

I'm not driving too much these days but I saw a sign for two seventy something yesterday.

INSANE!
"I put my foot in my tank and I began to roll." Chuck Berry

Reply #18
All the comments make me proud of my country and his terrible economy, but in general we have free medical atenttion and the gas prices of the 87 costs .60 cents per liter (USD) and 93 around .70 cents per liter. But well, we have too much drawbacks at our governement, and if we want a used car, that there in USA costs, mmm, 900 bucks, here it will costs 2300 USD, and wont had a radio and A/C......the car payments are at the Sky....
Its simple, what do you prefer, cheaper and better cars, of cheaper fuel and expensive cars ?

1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #19
I'm going to move to australia.  Then I will finaly be able to buy a Commodore.
One 88

Reply #20
People can whine and bitch all they want, but the fact is, none of them will quit driving, they'll just tighten the belt and keep paying out the ass for gasoline.  I had an older woman come into the gas station and ask me, accusingly, how her, and other old folks like her are supposed to survive, "ride bycicles?" she asked.  I couldn't respond with anything becuase, guess what, it's not me, it's not my manager, business owner, oil company nor anything.  This shiznit is happening all over the world.  As much as I'd like to be able to blame our president for this (it's an easy scapegoat for an angry trucker who just got $90 in fuel) it clearly isn't much of an isolated crisis.

Reply #21
August 2005 world prices
Nation     City     Price in USD Regular/Gallon
Netherlands    Amsterdam                    $6.48
Norway    Oslo                                          $6.27
Italy    Milan                                            $5.96
Denmark    Copenhagen                    $5.93
Belgium    Brussels                          $5.91
Sweden    Stockholm                              $5.80
United Kingdom    London                          $5.79
Germany    Frankfurt                      $5.57
France    Paris                                        $5.54
Portugal    Lisbon                                $5.35
Hungary    Budapest                    $4.94
Luxembourg                                 $4.82
Croatia    Zagreb                                $4.81
Ireland    Dublin                           $4.78
Switzerland    Geneva                          $4.74
Spain    Madrid                                      $4.55
puppiesan    Tokyo                                    $4.24
Czech Republic    Prague                          $4.19
Romania    Bucharest                  $4.09
Andorra                                 $4.08
Estonia    Tallinn                      $3.62
Bulgaria    Sofia                                $3.52
Brazil    Brasilia                                  $3.12
Cuba    Havana                                      $3.03
Taiwan    Taipei                                      $2.84
Lebanon    Beirut                              $2.63
South Africa    Johannesburg                $2.62
Nicaragua    Managua                $2.61
Panama    Panama City                        $2.19
Russia    Moscow                                $2.10
Puerto Rico    San Juan                  $1.74
Saudi Arabia    Riyadh                          $0.91
Kuwait    Kuwait City                          $0.78
Egypt    Cairo                                      $0.65
Nigeria    Lagos                            $0.38
Venezuela    Caracas                  $0.12

I'm moving to Venezuela :tg:

Reply #22
Trust me dude.  You would much rather pay for gas here than live in Venezuela.  My wife is from South America.  It sucks down there.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #23
Venezuela Isn´t a big deal Now........

Move To Egypt !
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #24
Quote from: jkirchman
Trust me dude.  You would much rather pay for gas here than live in Venezuela.  My wife is from South America.  It sucks down there.

ever heard of sarcasm??  I'd never move south of the Can/US border - let alone to SA :canada:

Reply #25
Quote from: blakct
ever heard of sarcasm??

Ditto.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #27
Prices finally dropped a dime from $2.69 to $2.59 and next week its supposed to be $3.00 here. Wow thats great considering i dont have a  car to drive. Why does my car have to do this to me.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #28
Today it is $2.48 in branson MO. Anyone try the acetone in the gas trick yet? I've read that is it supposed to help fuel mileage. Thinkin about runnin it in my 84 T/C Would it be bad or good?
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #29
Wouldn't it be similar to running alcohol, basically raising octane?  And chances are you'd pay just as much for acetone per gallon as gas.  Unless you don't need a whole lot.  This sounds reasonable, I'll google it.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!