Skip to main content
Topic: Help a brother out... (Read 2791 times) previous topic - next topic

Help a brother out...

Read my article on Blue Oval News...

http://blueovalnews.com/2005/products/mehta.pacecar05aug.htm

I'm back with another rant, please read it and pass it along! The more hits my article gets the better! Hopefully the Cougar and Tbird part will resonate with you all. :) :D
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Re: Help a brother out...

Reply #1
i liked it. very much actually.

Reply #2
Very nice Jeeves! Ya hit the nail on the head bro.

We may be stuck in the 1980's with our cars, but they were from the last era where those at Ford actually had balls to do something different. They're happy to be complacent right now. Which is why there is not a new Ford in my garage. And this is why they have to change.

Reply #3
The article gets the Seal Of Approval from the Official FTB/CF L*O*S*E*R. :D

Reply #4
it was not that bad. It was pretty informative. I reather liked it as well
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #5
Exactly my thoughts!! tell Ford shiznit or get off the pot!! :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #6
yah, i bought a cobalt over a focus for 2 reasons 1: it was before the everyone gets employee prices and I got a voucher from my best friend that works at GM and 2: it was fresh, had a nice interior and seemed like a much nicer car throughout.

Reply #7
New Ford ist teh sux!
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #8
Kinda gave me a warm fuzzy fealing inside....
One 88

Reply #9
Couldn't have said it better myself. Ford's cars are just downright boring and some have no style at all. Tis why I ended up buying a Hyundai. It is better looking than the comparable Focus (IMO) and the Focus couldn't beat the standard features, warranty, and price. If they had a more appealing sport compact at a decent price, my business probably would have been with Ford.

How about killing the Focus and bringing back the Maverick?
This being in a two door coupe to compete with the likes of Hyundai, Chevrolet, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi etc.
Even though the Mustang is considered in the same class as some of these, I'm sure that a slightly smaller 15-18,000 dollar coupe would not hurt the sales of the Mustang.

Reply #10
I think that would be a hot selling cougar if they got around to producing it.  but we all know that they wont make some thing that the people really like and if they do it will be so high priced that nobody will be able to buy them.      what do you think about the end of the t-bird?

Reply #11
I have had many argument over the 05 mustang and charger. They try to bring back a retro name and make it modern. They are looking for sales because of the name not quality or looks. To bad the Cougar couldnt come back and kick the shiznit out of those cars in sales. What can I say for newer Fords though, I bought an 03 Escape, the Cougar needs some work. So that was my best option. Buy it used from my dads company for 5000. Not bad. Wrigley gum company does some good deals.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #12
well it wouldn't be bad if they brought back old cars if they made them good.

Reply #13
Very good article.  The '05 Mustangs are probably the best-looking new cars I've seen since, well, I don't know when.  The '99 to '04 improved a lot over the '94 to '98, but there's no comparing to the '05.  The new generation Mustang will be the next new car I buy, which probably won't be for a few more years.  I love the look of the '69 front end (like my sadly departed '69 Mach 1), and the roofline of the '67/'68.  My only beef is, what happened to the back seat!?!?  It looks like it was made for amputees to sit in the back, or kids with very short legs.  My '99 still had a decent back seat, and supposedly the '05 added interior room.

As far as name resurrection, I don't mind as long as the new car is worthy of it.  The Mustang name can't be considered old, since it has never stopped since '64.  Same can be said for Corvette.  And GM is the absolute worst about bringing back old names.  Nova, Malibu, Impala (which has died and came back at least twice), Skylark, Le Mans, GTO, and I'm sure others.  I DON'T see how Mopar can bring back the Charger name and put it on a 4-door sedan!  Heck, the '80's Charger came closer (the little FWD Plymouth Turismo version).  A new Charger should be competing with a Mustang, which to me is one of the last remaining American muscle cars.  I wish them good luck!

Even though the Thunderbird is a nice car, I don't think it was ever a good idea to turn an affordable, classy looking (MN12) high-volume car into a high-dollar novelty 2-seater.  The current Cougar, IMHO, is not worthy of the name (sorry).  A FWD ricer-looking car should not be called a Cougar.  Again, I liked the MN12 Cougars and the Foxes, but not this one.  I think the concept Cougar is a litte too far out.  I'd just be happy if Ford themselves would build the new Cougar, on a RWD chassis, and put a V8 back in it.  But nothing exotic.

Just my $0.02.

Fordman3

Reply #14
Now if the car companys would listen to some one like this guy that would be nice.

http://www.creatingthelie.com/