Skip to main content
Topic: Concept "Cougar R" (Read 4815 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #15

IMO I think the car would look better with some chrome cobra r's.  never seen one like that but I think I like it.  :hick:

Re: Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #16
Which logo looks better, I cant decide which way the R should overlap. Wow that wing is a little too much for my likings. I think full engine and suspension swap and definetly the side exhaust. I followed one the other day and that thing sounded so good i thought that I was gonna cream myself. As far as body mods, just a gfx kit and Cobra Rs for sure. Still looking for another Cougar though. 85 preferably. And I think I would go with Black instead of the Cobra R red. Dont know for sure.Sorry for chopping up the pic for this, but the gfx and paint are what im shooting for and then custom hood and spoiler
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #17
just a thought but arent the cobra R grills different as well? you might want to think about a modified grill to go in it as well. perhaps put the honeycomb or mesh material in it.
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

94 Lincoln Towncar, Dark Metallic Green, 4.6L AOD
SOLD!!!!

99 Mercury Cougar. V6 MTX75 Trans. CURRENT PROJECT DAILY DRIVER.

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #18
Quote from: cougrrr302

That's one badass car! I remember that car from CJ '02... man could that thing haul azz! :bowdown:

...oh, the car next to it looks pretty nice too! lol

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #19
I'm sorry, the "Cougar R" idea is just gay. Ricers put R badges all over their car and now you are thinking about it? Cobra R wheels is cool but calling your Cougar an R model is gay. I see the R getting applied to everything from cars to merchandise. This is just my opinion. Do what YOU think and what YOU want. It is YOUR car and YOUR money. Mine thoughts are just an opinion..

James

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #20
Quote from: oldraven
Oh, good Lord! Please, no one use that ricer wing. It was bad enough when Ford stuck it on a Mustang. You can get a lot classier than that with spoilers.

How is a functional[/b] wing 'ricey'?
Ryan[/i][/COLOR]
1986 2R[/b] SVO
1984 T-Bird 5.0 (In Hibernation since 10/96)

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #21
Quote from: RTStabler51
How is a functional[/b] wing 'ricey'?

Functional? How? That wing was wind tunnel tested on a 00 Cobra R not a Cougar. Besides why would anyone want to have a riced wing? Heck I dont like them on the Mustang, but it works. I dont like them on and WRX Sti but it works. I don't like them on a Cougar which doesnt work properly or at all.

James

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #22
Hehe...looks like svr1 ate his Chuckowheats this morning...."Fortified with 12 essential daily chuckisms and minerals"

I agree...Cougar "R"....silly......
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #23
Cougars and Thunderbirds can only look good with small spoilers on the trunk lid. I have a feeling either would look absolutely rediculous with a Cobra R wing on them.

Why not just concentrate on making it long, low and mean...what these cars do best?

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #24
Quote from: srv1
Functional? How? That wing was wind tunnel tested on a 00 Cobra R not a Cougar. Besides why would anyone want to have a riced wing? Heck I dont like them on the Mustang, but it works. I dont like them on and WRX Sti but it works. I don't like them on a Cougar which doesnt work properly or at all.

James
The Cobra R wing is an acquired taste, and I intially had the same response as you, until I saw and rode in one.  Bottom line is it is functional.  Look at some of the hardcore NASA racers and their rear wings....

not the best picture, but you get the idea.

BTW, I'm not disagreeing with the 'Cougar R' idea, only the fact that the R wing is 'ricey and non-functional'
Ryan[/i][/COLOR]
1986 2R[/b] SVO

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #25
still super ghey for a street car...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #26
I like the first logo the best. and yeah that spoiler looks really gay. I think the whole cobra thing might look sweet on my 1987 Tbird LX

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #27
Am I the only one who wonders why this post was brought back from the dead?
One 88

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #28
Quote from: RTStabler51
The Cobra R wing is an acquired taste, and I intially had the same response as you, until I saw and rode in one.  Bottom line is it is functional.  Look at some of the hardcore NASA racers and their rear wings....

not the best picture, but you get the idea.

BTW, I'm not disagreeing with the 'Cougar R' idea, only the fact that the R wing is 'ricey and non-functional'

Two things to mention. NASA cars aren't really street cars, they are race cars. Some have plates on them but most of those drivers use it to the drive to and from the track. Second is those wings are not just bolted on and they take off 100 mph. They actually adjust them along with other tuning. Slapping a wing on any car doesn't make it functional. Not all NASA guys argree on a wing or a wing that big. Some say it really hurts more than it helps others say vice-versa.

James

Concept "Cougar R"

Reply #29
Quote from: srv1
Two things to mention. NASA cars aren't really street cars, they are race cars. Some have plates on them but most of those drivers use it to the drive to and from the track. Second is those wings are not just bolted on and they take off 100 mph. They actually adjust them along with other tuning. Slapping a wing on any car doesn't make it functional. Not all NASA guys argree on a wing or a wing that big. Some say it really hurts more than it helps others say vice-versa.

James
For clarification, I've never debated that on a street car the wing is somewhat retarded, my beef is the whole 'non-functional' comments.  Thanks for enlightening me that slapping a wing on any car doesn't make it functional, I had no idea! *note sarcasm*  As we have been discussion, specifically the Cobra R wing is functional!  And thats it!  There are articles out there on it.  And almost all the 00 R drivers use there cars for racing and only keep the the functional pieces on them.  Guess what you see on all their cars?  THE WINGS!  Some, because their cars are too low, remove the front splitters, but the wings are still there.  If they were NOT functional that would hav been the first thing yanked off by those guys.

Per Car and Driver (just a quick search)
"The new version has a massive, functional (but nonadjustable) rear wing,.."

Same thing was asked few years back at SVT Performance...
Ryan[/i][/COLOR]
1986 2R[/b] SVO