Skip to main content
Topic: Stang exhaust? (Read 1733 times) previous topic - next topic

Stang exhaust?

So I was thinking about putting the O/R prochamber that I got off a fox 5.0 stang on my 86 bird....will this work?

I imagine that the tranny crossmember needs to be changed, but is that all? 

Will it bolt up directly?  I also have some shorty headers from the same car...will they work?

Is it worth the hassle?

Thanks!

Rick

Re: Stang exhaust?

Reply #1
theyll work, but youll probably have a hard time with the column shift linkages, and probably need to modify them a bit
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #2
shift linkages need to be moved, or modified?  also, what about the tranny cross member?

Reply #3
exhaust crossmembers seem to vary per car, ive seen 85's with a double hump, and 87's without the double hump, you just need to chck it out

some people have moved the linkages around a bit, some people have heated and bent and all that, each car requires slightly different work
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
cool, thanks!  would you say there is much improvement in performance?  I have read, that w/o changing the heads, it wont make much difference.

Reply #5
If the engine is a SO I doubt it will make a big difference because of the small 50mm throttle body and wimpy cam. It will make a very noticable difference on a HO engine with or without the E7 heads.

FYI, for the difference in hp for a stock E7(ported is a different story) vs the E6 heads, I'd never go through the trouble of a swap. Now the cam is well worth it, in that case might as well go for the heads as well.

Reply #6
well here is how it is....I have these parts sitting in the garage taking up space...and I have the 86 bird that I am trying to sell....basically I was going to put this exhaust stuff on the bird to make it more attractive, and get it out of the yard faster (I really dont have time for it anymore)

I have no use for the exhaust parts...was just thinking about killing 2 birds with one stone...

Reply #8
I can do that....shoot me a  pm with price..... :D