Skip to main content
Topic: Torque boxes (Read 2678 times) previous topic - next topic

Torque boxes

Reply #15
I welded mine up, and also welded on these finger plates that tie them into the subframes. Seems like a good way to help ensure the force is transferred forward.

X
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Torque boxes

Reply #16
Quote from: Tbird232ci;462904
I intend on getting the MM extreme duty arms. I really like their pivot ball design, and want it on both ends. I have control arms on my Trans Am that are similar in bushing design, and it almost seems pointless when one end articulates, but not the other. It seems like it will get rid of only 'some' binding.

I think you'd be happy with them. MM says they transmit more NVH but, at least for me, all I notice is more differential gear noise. I can only hear it with the windows up and the A/C on, radio off. Not a deal breaker for me at all. The car rides nice and firm, actually much better after replacing the stock control arms.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Torque boxes

Reply #17
Quote from: Cougar5.0;462908
I welded mine up, and also welded on these finger plates that tie them into the subframes. Seems like a good way to help ensure the force is transferred forward.

X

Should have done that when I had the subframe connectors installed years ago. Oh well. Too late now.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Torque boxes

Reply #19

Nice - I had no idea where I got them from.

Looks like they were beaten a bit to fit the application. I don't think the pic above is my car tho, I can't recall if I needed to beat them much to get them in place.

Beat and weld, weld and beat :hick:
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.