Skip to main content
Topic: Let's play how much is this Cougar worth! (Read 11580 times) previous topic - next topic

Let's play how much is this Cougar worth!

Reply #15
late to the table,  i would call this a 1500$ coug.  it is kept up but it isnt like he has a special coug at all with all the extras.
id start at 1k.

The more i look at the 88 3.8L the more im amazed at how unique "one year only" deal these are.

I just happned to notice.. Smog pump on top left.

Its like the 88 TC,, where there are so many evtm conflicts like the Ammeter not matching the diagrams so when doing a 3g,, you gotta be careful.

Reply #16
$1500 seems on the high end, especially with the rust issues.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #17
in the end, it's like any other Cougar and is only worth what somebody will pay for it, be it $500 or $5,000 :-)
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #18
Just picked up an 86 5.0 tbird with 134k miles for $520. Rear quarter has a se from someone hitting a pole and there is some peeling paint/clear coat, but otherwise in pretty good shape.

Just gotta find out out my way and arrange for me to drive it over to ya.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #19
Quote from: Haystack;458712
Just picked up an 86 5.0 tbird with 134k miles for $520. Rear quarter has a se from someone hitting a pole and there is some peeling paint/clear coat, but otherwise in pretty good shape.

Dang it!�� Why cant I find these.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #20
Man that car is in better shape then mine and i almost have their asking price in mine not to mention the fact that it was given to me :/
88 Cougar
88 T-Bird
other cars that don't apply to this forum

Reply #21
Quote from: Haystack;458712

Where are you finding them? Craigslist?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #22
Just local classified. Mostly a site called ksl and occasionally craigslist. I usually just do a search once every day or two. I also missed a 87 3.8 car that ran and drove for $350.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Reply #23
Quote from: Haystack;458725
Just local classified. Mostly a site called ksl and occasionally craigslist. I usually just do a search once every day or two. I also missed a 87 3.8 car that ran and drove for $350.

They're not that cheap on my local craigslist when they pop up.

Reply #24
Quote from: Haystack;458725
Ten - twelve years ago I could buy Turbo Coupes for that... The 5-speed, just over 100K mi red one in my sig was $420... The black & blue ones $150 & $250, both had bad auto trans, parted those out...

Reply #25
Look out in the utah/nevada area. Find a car, ill go look at it and ill bet we could pass it along members tp get it to ya. If I can get out of working day shift at my work, ill have 2-3 days off straight again. Id have the time of my life meeting up with some of the guys here. Havent met one member yet after 13 years of being on this forum.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #26
Well if you find an 87-88 Thunderbird/Cougar (not a Turbo Coupe or 88 XR7) left me know.

Reply #27
Yeah I guarantee if you're looking on the regular, like he is, there are tons of 'em out there with not a speck on them.
My daily driver '87 MGM, paid $2k and another 600 to have it shipped here to Upstate NY from southern MO. Worth. Every. . Penny.

Definitely consider it!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #28
I want a cheap parts car. Not something else to drive. I need an 87-88 parts car to stock up on spare exterior/interior trim, which is why a Thunderbird is preferable to a Cougar.

With this red Cougar I linked to if I got it cheap I'd strip the usable trim parts off of it and crush the body......because rusty V6 car.

Reply #29
Yeah it's gotta be a steal to make that worth it!

Have you checked http://www.car-part.com ? You keep an eye on yards and ebay long enough I think you'll amass the collection you want.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane