Skip to main content

Poll

Which is a better build platform for a daily driver and a weekend warrior?

Total Members Voted: 13

Topic: More potential? 88 tbird turbo coupe or 87 cougar 5.0 anniversary (Read 4406 times) previous topic - next topic

More potential? 88 tbird turbo coupe or 87 cougar 5.0 anniversary

Reply #15
Just remember, when you build a 351W with 302 parts you get 302 power.  This in reference to your buddy having a 351W block and plenty of 302 heads.

I would buy the TC and get it squared up so you can drive it.  If the Cougar is still there after a month or so go back and get it and part it out like someone mentioned earlier.  That would get good parts to people that need them and put $$$ back in your pocket for whatever else.  Another option would be to get the TC, get it squared up, and sell it.  From there buy the Cougar and fix the body with the TC sell money and go from there.

My guess is the Cougar will be there longer than the TC being it need body work.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #16
I would love to have both so I think I am gong to do what Aerocoupe said and buy the tc, but I think I might just restore the cougar and build it up

Reply #17
I second Aerocoupe's advice... :) buy the running/driving TC and run/drive it while collecting cash for the Cougar that won't likely sell as quickly.  Fix the Cougar while enjoying the TC.  Maybe then upgrade the TC after the Cougar is driveable and enjoyable (these upgrade projects are never "finished").

Reply #18
Well the tc got sold so I am getting the cougar. The cougar does run and drive but it has a couple electrical issues, the guages only work with the headlights on and the one of the rear blinkers doesn't work because there is a short. The cougar will be mine this Friday, thank all of you for your advice, I still wish I had the chance to get both cars