Skip to main content
Topic: The Sport was in a magazine.... (Read 5649 times) previous topic - next topic

The Sport was in a magazine....

Reply #15
Sell her? No way. It's too much a part of me at this point. You guys that have been here for years like I have know what I have been through with it.

Yeah, I love that color. It just works with that old Bird.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
Quote from: vincejeep;453532
http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/1511-a-1988-ford-thunderbird-sport-fox-body-thats-far-from-original/

that's cool enough for me :burnout:

by the way it's also source of inspiration for me since i'm Vincent and I saved my '88 sport from being parted out :)

Yep, mine came from a salvage yard just a few days prior to being crushed. It has been through a  ton of pain and parts and re-re-re building, but the Sport is finally at a good point in it's life. One step at a time, and it could not, and would not have happened without this forum, and the members here and all the help., motivation, inspiration,  and belittling to get it done. LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #17
it's fun to hear good stories like this, maybe mine will become one of them too. For now I have to admit it's in fairly good shape and it would have been a lost diamond if I didn't bought it from the old man. Do you have pics of your starting point to get it bad ass like this?

Reply #18
When I get home, I'll try to post a few pics for you.

Reply #19
Quote from: sarjxxx;453528
Hey that's awesome Vinnie. Now I'll have to actually pick up a copy of MMFF:)

Jeremy aka 347Thunder got to be in the mag a couple years ago too.

So what have you done to The Sport in the last year while I've been gone?

Way to go Vinnie!!!!

and

, welcome back Sarjxxx!
Mike

Reply #20
Quote from: sarjxxx;453528
Hey that's awesome Vinnie. Now I'll have to actually pick up a copy of MMFF:)

Jeremy aka 347Thunder got to be in the mag a couple years ago too.

So what have you done to The Sport in the last year while I've been gone?

Since you've been gone....what have I done to the Bird? ...Hmmmmm let's see..........paint, new hood, trunk lid, wheels, tires, engine swap, trans swap, front seats, fuel tank, new sequential lights and most of the harness swapped due to a short, front and rear lights, shocks and struts,, distributor, swapped the console, computer, CAI, different mass air, throttle body, ported intake, custom cam, new H-Pipe, mid pipes and lers, different, Sirius XM satellite radio, fabbed a couple of panels under the hood, new radiator and electric fan, new alternator, new steering rack, differential girdle, new Traction Lock.....maybe some more stuff, LOL.

Reply #21
I think I was around when you put the new paint and wheels on that was a good while back lol but in other words you've managed to rebuild most of the whole car in a year. You're unstoppable Vinnie :giggle:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #22
Quote from: vinnietbird;453541
Sell her? No way. It's too much a part of me at this point. You guys that have been here for years like I have know what I have been through with it.

Yeah, I love that color. It just works with that old Bird.

How long have you had your car Vinnie?

I'll have had mine 14 years in October. My dad's cousin bought it new off the showroom floor.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #23
Quote from: sarjxxx;453563
I think I was around when you put the new paint and wheels on that was a good while back lol but in other words you've managed to rebuild most of the whole car in a year. You're unstoppable Vinnie :giggle:

One piece at a time. Once I was kind of at a point where I was doing nothing. My wife said to me, (and she does not cuss), "that car sin't going to get done with your ass on the couch".....so, I got off the couch and got busy.

Reply #24
I think I've had the Sport for about 8 years now. It has been a challenge, but worth it.