Skip to main content
Topic: Things you do for your parents (85-tbird) (Read 1246 times) previous topic - next topic

Things you do for your parents (85-tbird)

XX
I changed out the heater core in my moms 1985 thunderbird.  Was not as bad as I thought it would be.  Very glad member share information on here and on CoolCats.  I started at 07:00 and finished around 14:30.

Reply #1
Yes it's not that bad once you get in there,  label your screws,  and just take your time
It is a pretty daunting job though

I just noticed we have the same seat covers lol,  mine are starting to look a little rough especially the drivers seat cover.
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Reply #2
I had one trim screw left over, lol, but she had couple broken tabs, so not bad

Reply #3
I REALLY  need to get off my back side and swap out the h/vac unit in the blackbird too. I might do it tomorrow.............. Looking good there. Only 1 screw left huh??? lol

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #4
Yep only one left over, I put down a blanket on the ground and put screws with panels and tried to get things separated, I think it goes to the pocket above the radio.  No rattles, so she is good.