Skip to main content
Topic: Distracted Driver Collides With My XR7 (Read 8777 times) previous topic - next topic

Distracted Driver Collides With My XR7

Reply #15
This is really a shame. I did some driving on this Sunday after the holiday, and a few people did manage to cruise out of their lane (over the double yellow). People are more focused on their stupid phones; texting or what not. It seems cruisers have to strategically choose when to go out to avoid the shiznitty drivers.

Reply #16
Man!  That is a shame.  That car was beautiful, I sure hope it works out for you. 

Makes me half scared to drive mine around, we all know how scarce these parts are.
Mike

Reply #17
Man I hate to see this.  What a beautiful Cougar!  I think of this every time I drive my bird.  The parts are non-existant these days...the 'yards used to be full of Fox Cougars/Birds 10 years ago but they've all been crushed since then. 

I'd hate to think what I'd do if someone hit my car.  Its been in the family since new and I've drove it for 16-17 years.  It would be hard to let it go.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #18
Quote from: 50tbrd88;449501

I'd hate to think what I'd do if someone hit my car.  Its been in the family since new and I've drove it for 16-17 years.  It would be hard to let it go.

I'm kind of in the same boat. My dad's cousin bought my Thunderbird new and I've had it for 13 years. If it got wrecked I'd pull the engine/trans and use the insurance money to find another clean Fox Thunderbird to drop the drivetrain into.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #19
Quote from: thunderjet302;449516
I'm kind of in the same boat. My dad's cousin bought my Thunderbird new and I've had it for 13 years. If it got wrecked I'd pull the engine/trans and use the insurance money to find another clean Fox Thunderbird to drop the drivetrain into.

I'd probably 1.) cry for days 2.) go out west and find a clean body to swap all my stuff onto
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #20
Quote from: Kafer79;449436
.    Thatwould be awesome....PM me if they have an XR7.

No problem. I'll go over when I'm off on Friday and see what all they have. PM me your number and I'll send pics.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #21
The driver in the truck was probably looking at his stupid f*cking cell phone instead of paying attention to the road....a lot of idiots out there on the road

Reply #22
Man that really suxs, I had this happen to me with my 93 mustang back in the day.  I had to chase the guy down and make him stop because he was drinking.  Hope all goes well on finding parts

Reply #23
Can't stop looking at the first picture. *Sigh*
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #25
Quote from: 4thqtr;449808
That's really awful - glad you are ok though! Good luck. Here's a link that might help

Wow.  Great buy.  Thanks!

Reply #26
Wow that's impressive!!!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #27
I use this camera  http://www.amazon.com/Black-Box-Original-Dashboard-Dash/dp/B00FONBG1A, night vision is incredible. I didn't want all the bells and whistles, but it has the features that are important.  Again the night vision of the camera is fantastic.
1985 Muscle Car V8 Thunderbird
tbirdregistry.com - #56919
Lorain, OH. Assembly #151041
811 TBirds followed Mine

1988 Thunderbird V6
tbirdregistry.com - #80084
Lorain, OH. Assembly #111106

Reply #28
Quote from: BradMph;450040
I use this camera  http://www.amazon.com/Black-Box-Original-Dashboard-Dash/dp/B00FONBG1A, night vision is incredible. I didn't want all the bells and whistles, but it has the features that are important.  Again the night vision of the camera is fantastic.

Yep - these are the good units. Occasionally on sale for closer to $30 for the original (most cheaper ones are knockoffs with horribly quality and reliability). The value negates any reason not to have one in every car. My daily driver has heat-blocking film on the windshield so I have to use a mirror-mount rather than suction, and have the camera more visible as it hangs down below the mirror (technically, this is illegal in most states - you can't have anything anywhere except along specific edges of the windshield), but it still works great.
1988 Thunderbird Sport