Skip to main content
Topic: Rotating/Hideaway license plate holder... (Read 6482 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rotating/Hideaway license plate holder...

Reply #15
nevermind, no front i said that wrong. No front just back.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #16
lol cougrr302...

Man am I glad we dont have to add the front mount plates here in PA. I guess I would have to move to another state!!!

Reply #17
Quote from: Cougarcruisin
lol cougrr302...

Man am I glad we dont have to add the front mount plates here in PA. I guess I would have to move to another state!!!

lol I already had the holes for the holder in my bumper so I put one on.

Rotating/Hideaway license plate holder...

Reply #18
http://www.yogisinc.com/ has a vacuum-operated license plate retractor.  Search the on-line catalog under exterior components.

Reply #19
We got the same dumb law here where I am....car has to be out and about driving though....they can't give you a ticket if the car is parked. I've been driving my car since '91 without the front plate.....I've been pulled over a total of 3 times for it and every cop has let me go when I explained the bracket was either on order or I couldn't get it anymore. The last time I got pulled over (last October...10 years after the last time I got pulled over for it) the cop didn't care what my excuse was and nailed me with a ticket ($110 for failure to display front tag) I took it to court and got it tossed.

Reply #20
i used to just throw mine on the dash...flys with most of the cops around here for the most part. then you have the ones that care...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #21
Kinda what I did with the Escape. We have 2 waiting for purchase. Mine didnt have the plate holder,yet the other did. They all have the recess for drilling, so I took the other one and put it on mine. I put some rubber plugs in the holes and it looks like those backup sensors on it. No one will know the difference. 9 months and no title, sob is frickin lazy. Now my heater core is spewing antifreeze
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit