Skip to main content
Topic: my 84 thunderbird (Read 6142 times) previous topic - next topic

my 84 thunderbird

Reply #15
Quote from: kitt2008;448308
Dose anyone know if that bodykit was a stock option on the 5.0s or if it had to been put on there from a tc

AFAIK all body kits are aftermarket, though some may have been dealer installed...

my 84 thunderbird

Reply #16
There was a new set of those headlight covers on Ebay for $20 last week. Or best offer. I KNEW I should have bought them.

Nice car. I had wheel like that on mine when I found mine at the boneyard. They have long since been gone. I gave them to a local Stang guy. LOL. Keep us posted on your progress, and toss out some interior pics as well. Welcome aboard.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

my 84 thunderbird

Reply #17
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;448310
AFAIK all body kits are aftermarket, though some may have been dealer installed...

I agree with that. These body kits pop up from time to time. I've found, and sold, 4 sets in the last 8 or 9 years. I have seen many more, but they were too costly. I never gave more then $50 for a set. I'm really cheap.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

my 84 thunderbird

Reply #18
Quote from: vinnietbird;448324
There was a new set of those headlight covers on Ebay for $20 last week. Or best offer. I KNEW I should have bought them.

Nice car. I had wheel like that on mine when I found mine at the boneyard. They have long since been gone. I gave them to a local Stang guy. LOL. Keep us posted on your progress, and toss out some interior pics as well. Welcome aboard.

The ones you want are the Marchals.  They command top dollar.  If you can get a set clean for under $100, you'll make a decent profit on a flip.... Just sayin.

I've seen the entire light kits with the harness and covers included in the Ford Motorsport box go for as high as $750.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

my 84 thunderbird

Reply #19
ok guys my buddy has a 88 thunderbird turbo coupe that he has lost the title to and has given me free will of any parts or the whole car for that matter so would the front clip and the hood with the scoops swap over on my 84 i like that body style better and want advice before i waste my time pulling parts

my 84 thunderbird

Reply #20
Quote from: ISTLCRUZ;447788
GTS  still  sells the covers I believe... Cost is probably $50-$60  range..

GTS does in fact still sell the light covers for the 4 eyes as well as the 87-88's.  I bought both sets last year.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

my 84 thunderbird

Reply #21
Quote from: kitt2008;448637
ok guys my buddy has a 88 thunderbird turbo coupe that he has lost the title to and has given me free will of any parts or the whole car for that matter so would the front clip and the hood with the scoops swap over on my 84 i like that body style better and want advice before i waste my time pulling parts

The hood will swap with no problems. I believe someone on here has done a similar front swap but I believe the headlight wiring has to be modified. Me personally I would keep the 4 eye front. ( head lights much easier to get). You can also swap the hood hinges if your car still has the hood prop. There are other parts you could grab as well... Sway bars, Rear end etc.... Keep us posted.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

my 84 thunderbird

Reply #22
Nice 5.0! I wish I could find those ground effects, looks nice
Millertime!

my 84 thunderbird

Reply #23
alot of people have said that i have taken it to 2 local car shows and both times people have offered to buy the kit i didnt think they were that uncommon

my 84 thunderbird

Reply #24
- i have set of the side skirts that was on a 4-eyed bird i bought back about 6-7 years ago. didnt have the front or rear piece with it, but if anyone wants them, lmk...
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool: