Skip to main content
Topic: OMG lolz $3k for this? (Read 8820 times) previous topic - next topic

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #15
How about an 87 GT for $4000.....in pieces. Really. It's in pieces. Moron. I can get an assembled running Fox Mustang for less than $4,000.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/4969038571.html

for sale or barter. 1987 Ford Mustang GT T-top project car. started smoothing out the engine bay. has a strong 302 that has been freshened up and has aftermarket oil pan and E303 cam. all new front end k-member and tubular a-arms and control arms. wilwood brake setup on front also. lots done so far. asking 4,000$ obo or trade.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #16
If it's not rusty and with work done so far I don't see $3000-$3500 as a bad deal(he does say OBO)... Meaning if you want to pay $4K, I'll be happy to oblige you, otherwise I'll talk...

Here's one I rolled on the floor over... (No pict)

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/4934149663.html

Seriously??? $13.5K for a FOUR Dr Maverick??? Generally you're lucky to get $3500-$4500 for a nice original... Even a similar condition 2Dr won't bring anywhere near that price...

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #17
I've always wondered about the so called svt or cobras out there for sale

Are these people doing the work and consider it one,  buy it with svt or cobra emblems and believe it's really one or what???
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #18
Quote from: Ramos617;447024
I've always wondered about the so called svt or cobras out there for sale

Are these people doing the work and consider it one,  buy it with svt or cobra emblems and believe it's really one or what???

Mostly it's the clueless, though there are no doubt some unscrupulous characters out there... Have to check VIN, trim codes, etc to be sure...

SVT anything with a 3.8 is asinine, someone probably burned him...

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #19
$1500 for this: http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/4977300609.html

I have a 1989 mustang gt.
 Light gray with gray interior.
 5.0 5spd.
 CAR IS A PROJECT CAR!!!
 I want to restore it. But I have no time for it. I've owned the car for about 8yrs now. Got into an accident on the passenger side.
 Replaced the the fender and door already.
 Car runs and drives. The motor is solid runs very strong. No smoking, knocks or leaks!. Shock towers are on great condition so is underneath as well. has a stalker cowl hood with ram air kit. Flowmaster lers with h-pipe. No tailpipes. Centerfield clutch.

The main thing is the frame will need to be pulled and the windshield will need to be replaced. The replaced fender an door will need to be painted.
 I also have a brand new still in box front gt bumper complete kit.
 Like I said it's a project car.
 I'm asking $1,500 for the car an front bumper kit. I believe the price is fair. If u don't think so than don't bother to reply to ad.

Dude $500 is more than fair:hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #20
Quote from: thunderjet302;447018

Mustang cobra 1993 for sale! asking for $4,500 or exchange for a pick up! for more info please contact adrian at show contact info if I no answer please leave a message and will be contact as soon as possible

If that is a genuine, true to the word '93 cobra, it's probably worth that.  I don't claim to be a mustang guy at all, but I seriously doubt those are available as AOD from the factory.  There was a "restored" one on ebay a while back that went for $25k.  I was shocked.  But is it ebay and who knows what drama went along with the sale and whether any money actually changed hands..
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #21
As long as we're on the topic of ridiculous craigslist ads - there was one recently for a 1994 'stang with a 5.0/5sp, cobra-R wheels and recent tires for $300.  The guy rolled it missing a turn and the body was shot.  He said that he didn't want to mess with it, so he was selling it for a steal for someone who can make use of all the newer parts.

I have the good fortune of having two large sheds, so I thought I could just park it, yank parts for my own build and s the remains.  I have a recycling center around that pays top dollar for s and last shell I took them, I got $400.

When I went to look at it, the engine/trans were gone, the interior was gutted, and the wheels/tires that were specifically mentioned in the ad "weren't included in that price."  He had yanked the rear end and swapped it with one with a 2.67 gear.

I actually pulled the ad up on the phone and read it to him, and he said "yeah, all that stuff is for sale separately, but I was going to use it in my new project, so I'll want top dollar for it." 

Some people are just that way..

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #22
Quote from: Lodemia;447210
If that is a genuine, true to the word '93 cobra, it's probably worth that.  I don't claim to be a mustang guy at all, but I seriously doubt those are available as AOD from the factory.  There was a "restored" one on ebay a while back that went for $25k.  I was shocked.  But is it ebay and who knows what drama went along with the sale and whether any money actually changed hands..

It's not a Cobra. 93 Cobras were only available in black, teal, or red with a gray interior (in cloth or leather). Came standard a 5 speed, GT40 heads, Cobra spec cam, Cobra intake, 65mm TB, 70mm MAF, and 24lb injectors. They are starting to creep up in price/value especially in unrestored stock condition. They are the first of the SVT Mustangs after all.

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #23
Quote from: Lodemia;447211
As long as we're on the topic of ridiculous craigslist ads - there was one recently for a 1994 'stang with a 5.0/5sp, cobra-R wheels and recent tires for $300.  The guy rolled it missing a turn and the body was shot.  He said that he didn't want to mess with it, so he was selling it for a steal for someone who can make use of all the newer parts.

I have the good fortune of having two large sheds, so I thought I could just park it, yank parts for my own build and s the remains.  I have a recycling center around that pays top dollar for s and last shell I took them, I got $400.

When I went to look at it, the engine/trans were gone, the interior was gutted, and the wheels/tires that were specifically mentioned in the ad "weren't included in that price."  He had yanked the rear end and swapped it with one with a 2.67 gear.

I actually pulled the ad up on the phone and read it to him, and he said "yeah, all that stuff is for sale separately, but I was going to use it in my new project, so I'll want top dollar for it." 

Some people are just that way..

I'm starting to think most of the sellers on Craigslist are smoking some kind of awesome crack or meth :mullet:.

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #24
Quote from: thunderjet302;447216
It's not a Cobra. 93 Cobras were only available in black, teal, or red with a gray interior (in cloth or leather). Came standard a 5 speed, GT40 heads, Cobra spec cam, Cobra intake, 65mm TB, 70mm MAF, and 24lb injectors. They are starting to creep up in price/value especially in unrestored stock condition. They are the first of the SVT Mustangs after all.

Figured.  You're right on the craigslist meth-heads.  Especially in the flyover counties of Illinois.  I was fortunate to buy my car from a guy who was very reasonable to work with.  Even offered to drive it to my place to help me out since I didn't bring a second driver.

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #25
Quote from: Lodemia;447220
Figured.  You're right on the craigslist meth-heads.  Especially in the flyover counties of Illinois.  I was fortunate to buy my car from a guy who was very reasonable to work with.  Even offered to drive it to my place to help me out since I didn't bring a second driver.

For every decent guy on Craigslist there are 10 morons. I sincerely hope that Craigslist is not a cross section of today's society. If it is we're all screwed :hick:.

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #26
We don't use Craigslist here, we use Kijiji (which I think is better than Craigslist). I have a special term for Kijiji sellers on crack (and buyers too, because as anyone who has ever tried to sell anything ever can verify, people are idiots). My term for these people is "Kijidiots"
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #27
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;447237
We don't use Craigslist here, we use Kijiji (which I think is better than Craigslist). I have a special term for Kijiji sellers on crack (and buyers too, because as anyone who has ever tried to sell anything ever can verify, people are idiots). My term for these people is "Kijidiots"

I've actually only bought one thing off Craigslist. I've looked at a few cars from Craigslist though. The people I've met have been, well, lets say "sketchy" to be polite. I'm afraid to sell anything on Craigslist as I don't want to have to deal with those people any more than I have to.

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #28
Quote from: thunderjet302;447239
I've actually only bought one thing off Craigslist. I've looked at a few cars from Craigslist though. The people I've met have been, well, lets say "sketchy" to be polite. I'm afraid to sell anything on Craigslist as I don't want to have to deal with those people any more than I have to.

I've only sold one thing on C'list and that was a '00 Explorer Sport... Had a half dozen calls the first day and one tire kicker that was here by 8:30 in the morning... Around 4:00 a lady called that worked in a bank and said they were looking for a car for their daughter(who specifically wanted a truck) and her husband was nearby going to look at something else but she'd told him to look at the Sploder 1st... I gave her the address, she relayed to her husband(she had two phones going) and he pulled up while we were still on phone(in a Ranger P/U no less)... We met in front yard introduced ourselves, he gave it a quick look over and said if it runs as good as it looks it's sold... I rode with him not much more than around the block, he said I'll take it.. We came back to house and I said you wanna look under hood??? Naaah I know what a 4.0 looks like and started whipping off $100 bills... I signed the title and he said I'll be back in about 45 minutes to get it... Sure enough he & his wife were back in just a little while, he put his plates on it and was gone... I talked with his wife another 10 minutes before she left(not a bad babe)...

I've bought a half dozen computers from C'list, the '98 Grand Marquis(one owner 33K mi) and alsomy '96 F-150..

OMG lolz $3k for this?

Reply #29
I've had a lot of luck with Craigslist over the years,  eventually you learn how to weed out the flakes lol
If it's something I'm not willing to ship it goes on Craigslist
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout: