Skip to main content
Topic: Thick gray/blueish smoke....New pics (Read 19067 times) previous topic - next topic

Thick gray/blueish smoke....New pics

Reply #90
Quote from: vinnietbird;447561
Update....bad wire on the fan....after a 20 minute test drive, all seems well.

Awesome! No more smoke and it runs great :). Now go enjoy it!.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #91
I'm planning on it !!!

As far as the higher rpms...it went up when the filter was changed. Wonder if the Spectre filter is just flowing more air......I have a BBK filter coming (like the one that came with the CAI), and I'm going to install it and see if it makes a difference before I change anything.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #92
I still think it's a vacuum leak on the intake tubing. I switched from a stock airbox with a panel K&N to a conical K&N in a March Ram Air box. The idle didn't change even though the conical flows more air.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #93
I'll be pulling the upper to paint and polish this weekend. I'll check it all out. I appreciate you guys.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #94
Big news,Vinnie is pulling a intake!!lol. Good to hear it's running fine.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #95
HEY!!!! Just the upper intake to paint and polish. It's going back on, and I'm NOT going to another intake !!!! LOL. I'm down to no funds and starting to do what I can for free....paint, polish, straighten some wires,etc. I need to either drop the timing a wee bit, or raise it a wee bit. Not sure. it's at 16 degrees right now, and I got a pop in the throttle body. Not much, just a little bit.

Reply #96
When do you get the TB pop?

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #97
If I remember correctly it was when I was shifting into third gear or in third.. I will see if I can replicate it today when I'm done with the intake painting and polishing and my core support filler panel is painted. It was minor.....but it was there.

Reply #98
I stripped it, sanded it, painted and polished. Now, all I gotta do is fab an intake plate and polish it, and apply the new emblem......

Reply #99
Update.....Sorry for slacking....I'm going to have a friend do a short video of the car this Saturday Now that the injector harness has been swapped and it has the ground wire (mine didn't) it helped a LOT, then, the ECM relay was heavily corroded inside, I swapped that and the plug, running great, running strong. I'm toying with the timing now. I was wondering....if the ground wire on the harness was missing, and the relay was corroded, and I was trying to get the timing right, how could I trust that it was correct if the other stuff was bad, so, checking it out. I started at 16 degrees. Dropped it to 14 degrees, and that wasn't so great. I bumped it to 18, and seems pretty good. I'll drive it home and see if I still feel the same.. If not, back to 16. No other issues that I have seen..........finally. It's nice to enjoy the car and not HAVE to work on it every single weekend. I'll be cleaning and doing some mild detailing. Kitz has a few bucks coming to him as well.

The car couldn't have happened without Kitz and Jerry. I also thank you guys who chime in regularly with advice and try to help when you can on information. Best forum with the best members on the interweb. We are lacking in douchebags, and that's a good thing.

Reply #100
Glad it's running great for ya :)

So when are you switching intakes again? ;)

Reply #101
Intake swapping? That's rediculous. BUT.........I will probably be changing out the upper soon. I found that one of the intake plate mounting holes near the throttle body  has been drilled out. Just a tiny bit. I can drill the other out to match, then tap them both with  new threads. No big deal, and I found another GT-40 tubular intake set for.....well....let's just say the guy had NO IDEA what the intake was. he thought it was just an old Fox Body Stang intake, and you know what those factory py intakes sell for.... so, I grabbed it. I'll paint and polish it, put it on my car, then sell the one I have now with the lower, make some cash, send some to Kitz and be happy. LOL.

Reply #102
So half an intake swap then?

Reply #103
Still 35 more intake swaps then I've done this year...
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #104
Quote from: thunderjet302;449961
So half an intake swap then?

Sure....if that's how you want to look at it. LOL.