Skip to main content
Topic: Pretty cool photo right here (Read 2673 times) previous topic - next topic

Pretty cool photo right here

Reply #30
Quote from: rodsterh;445317
Good stuff!  Feel free to share more.  Looks like the poyomi.com site is closed.

Wow that was fast shut down. I had them make a photo book for me about 3 months ago and it was fantastic. Got a $50 coupon that Mom gave me and I only spent $38 on a 30 page full page photo album. Well I guess they gave out too many coupons to stay afloat.
1985 Muscle Car V8 Thunderbird
tbirdregistry.com - #56919
Lorain, OH. Assembly #151041
811 TBirds followed Mine

1988 Thunderbird V6
tbirdregistry.com - #80084
Lorain, OH. Assembly #111106

Reply #31
Why did this thread die? I thought J and M bought the photo? I was looking forward to making this thing into a Poster or really large photo. OK, really I was going to have it made into a wrap for the back door of my racecar trailer, just so it was like you were looking down the assembly line when following me down the highway.

Reply #32
I have the photo. Seems like the interest died. I'm still game for posters and whatnot.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #33
Was wondering about this the other day. I am still in for helping with the cost and purchasing one if there is someone who has the time to step up and make it happen. Let us know what we need to do.

Reply #34
Actually my co-worker's brother is starting up a graphic design / screenprinting outfit.
I'm going to get ahold of him and describe exactly what we have here.

I can almost GUARANTEE someone in my area, if not this guy, could totally kick ass at this. Would you be willing to send the photo? Would you sell it to me? I looked at this thread originally and for some reason got sidetracked. Should have immediately bought it LOL.

Thoughts? I definitely WANT a poster of some size. shiznit, standard plotting paper should be pretty easy to make happen and that would be plenty big enough for a poster on the wall of an average house room.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #35
I have no problem sending the original out to you so we can have posters and whatnot made. I'll even pay the return postage for the photo. I want to keep the original in my oddities and obscurity collection.
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #36
Maybe J and M should set something up for us all to buy a high res copy of the photo and then we can all do what we want with it. Does that sound feasible? If not, I can step up and get something done.

Reply #37
Ok, spoke to a photography enhancement studio. This is the overall lay down. $50 for the Hi Res Drum Scan initial poster size can be 24x36 poster $70. Larger is available all the way to double this size , completely baed upon the clarity of the original. He assured me that we can do this initial size no matter the photo clarity.

Reply #38
Just got off the phone with a company that does vehicle wraps. They use the same photo file as the photography studio and can create a wrap for your garage that can be pasted to a wall. T-Bird/ Cougar assembly line Fathead. I'll see how much further I can go down this rabbit hole.

Reply #39
Quote from: Lightningbird;446568
Just got off the phone with a company that does vehicle wraps. They use the same photo file as the photography studio and can create a wrap for your garage that can be pasted to a wall. T-Bird/ Cougar assembly line Fathead. I'll see how much further I can go down this rabbit hole.

That makes me wish I had one large door on my shop instead of 2 singles. There would be no missing my house lol.
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #40
I'm still in. Just tell me how much, and where to send for a poster. :)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #41
The guy I know said if it's an original photo, which it is...it can be blown up many times bigger with ease. You obviously run into trouble when it's digital, printed by inkjet/laser etc.

He also stated, frankly, that given a good source image (scanned in with good equipment)...just getting it printed on glossy plotting paper is as easy as going to FedEx/Kinko's :hick:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #42
In for a poster.  Glad to see some revived interest in making this happen.

Reply #43
Just bought this, also from HistoricImages on eBay. They've got a few '80s Bird ones....
I'm gonna have the guy I know scan it, and I'll try Kinko's or something and see how it turns out.
Lightningbird, anything new on your front? If your source can do a "fathead" style thing, jandmmustangs should send it to you not me in that case.

Reply #44
I would be in for a poster as well.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647