Skip to main content
Topic: Spring projects? (Read 9597 times) previous topic - next topic

Spring projects?

Reply #15
Quote from: My10-80;444306
I plan to get some more of the TC completed.  Need to figure out why the auto lamps are on all the time, I currently use the switch manually.  Find out why the auto dimmer doesn't auto dim.    Then replace the rear package shelf that is all eaten up by sun.    Sure would like a blue one,  I only have a black one but I guess it will look ok.    I only have one working electric fan,  got a replacement already for that and the crack in my taillight that I just bought a replacement for.        I would also like to tint the windows.    That is my bucket list for the spring.  Oh, almost forgot the most important part,  to ENJOY the car once again on the roads!!!    This salt is killing me!

10-80, I had the same problem with my rear package shelf. I found some carpet at a car audio shop that worked great. Its the kind they cover speaker boxes with therefore doesn't have the padding. The color was VERY close. Im happy with the results.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Spring projects?

Reply #16
Don't get me started on home projects. In 6 weeks or so we're gutting an entire floor, adding dormers, and redoing two bathrooms. Going to be a fun, long, expensive project.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Spring projects?

Reply #17
Making a weekend trip to get my bird so I can finish it

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Spring projects?

Reply #18
I just want to start my car!

Spring projects?

Reply #19
Thinking about tackling exhaust. Seriously tempted to do 3" duals and long tube headers.

One thing that needs done is my front struts. You can dribble the front end like a basketball. Takes at least 6 bounces to stop. Ill probably also need new tires. Think of 235/60r15's up front and 275/50's in the rear. If i do the struts, i got some sn-95 springs, gt spindles and brakes to go on. Im also really tempted to start ripping some stuff out. I  one yard i found only charges $27.99 for a rack. I wanna gut one ala flying miata style.

Then delete the a/c and smog pump, and throw my t-5 in if i get around to it. New fuel pump and h.o. upgrade would be nice as well, but while im commuting the car, down time will be kept to a minimum.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Spring projects?

Reply #20
Quote from: Haystack;444675
Thinking about tackling exhaust. Seriously tempted to do 3" duals and long tube headers.

Why?  2.5" supports over 500hp...    pretty sure your not even remotely close to that.    3 inch will kill any bottom end torque you have and make a mild street car gutless.  Not a very smart idea man.  Spend your money elsewhere for better improvements

Spring projects?

Reply #21
^yep. :)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Spring projects?

Reply #22
Headlight relays,clean and re-paint engine bay now that I have my combo sorted out, maybe take out the 4.10s  put the 3.73 rear end back in (3.35 1st and 4.10s totally useless....but fun). Tinted the windows last fall so that is scratched off the list. Don't get me started on the house, I want to do some updates on the Travel Supreme 5th wheel first before we put it back at the camp ground for the season. I'm already tired just writing this...LOL.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Spring projects?

Reply #23
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;444689
Why?  2.5" supports over 500hp...    pretty sure your not even remotely close to that.    3 inch will kill any bottom end torque you have and make a mild street car gutless.  Not a very smart idea man.  Spend your money elsewhere for better improvements

Every 500hp car makes its power inspite of the 2.5" exhaust, not because of it.

This might sound stupid, but eventually i plan on hacking together a junkyard remote supercharger. I wouldn't want to make near 500hp on a stock block. Car is now emissions exempt. Gonna ditch everything but the egr.

Might never get around to a super charger, but if i do, id be glad it was there. Without a cat and a glasspack style ler, price is negligible.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Spring projects?

Reply #24
Dude...3 inch pipes will ruin the low end you have now. Save your money/time/effort until you get to the junk (yard) supercharger set up...there's a reason why the exhaust companies sell so ed many 2.5" sets....

It's like the guys who put the MSD ignitions on a stock or slight bolt on engine...I guess if you want to waste money, go ahead, but it's absolutely pointless until you get to big power levels. Just sayin...not criticizing. :)

Spend the money you'd out on the 3" exhaust and work over a set of GT40 heads or buy an E cam or something that will give you more bang for your bucks.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Spring projects?

Reply #25
I've already sorted out the carb swap and solved 85% of my electrical gremlins. Next is the cobra brakes and SN95 springs and spindles with cobra brakes and foxbody GT steering rack and LSC 8.8 all on 17" Bullitt wheels. But I'll get to that once I finish my '73 Mustang floor replacement and cowl repair and send it off for bodywork and paint.

Whew... I got wore out just thinking about it.

Spring projects?

Reply #26
Sometimes you just gotta sit back and laugh and let them learn I guess.

Spring projects?

Reply #27
My list is probably bigger this year than ever before.  The issue with that is the fact that this winter refuses to let go.  Is it bad when you're actually HAPPY that it's 20 deg. F.?

Cougar:
- Install and wire up the 4 note Cadillac horns
- Install new wiper cowl panel and wiper arms (mine are faded - replace them and paint the old ones and save them)
- 30 pound injector swap with matching MAF metering tube.  I'm  sick of running my 24's with the pressure jacked to the moon to to feed this motor.

Lincoln:
- Bench test alternator (It's overcharging; 16V @ 2500 RPM.  Either the alt. or wiring)
- Install new lers and tailpipes (Borla XR1's and 2.5" Mustang LX tails)
- Find passenger side beltline trim that's undented.  Install.
- Pull dent out of driver door.
- Sand down roof and hood.  Re-clear coat.

House aka Super Insano destroyer of the PaulyWallet:
- New flat roof above the back porch. 
- Gut and remodel master bedroom.
- Fix floor in basp00get (was 2 weeks old and got water damage..... F@$k you, house!  The water issue is FINALLY fixed so I can move on).
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Spring projects?

Reply #28
I'm just hoping when we gut the upstairs we don't find any weird wiring or messed up stuff behind the walls. Or plumbing issues. I hate spending money on home repairs you can't see.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Spring projects?

Reply #29
Install new fuel pump on the '87.

With a neighbor's help, we think we have diagnosed a bad pump (hardly any pressure) being the cause of the dying on the highway a year and a half or so ago...and no start since then. :disappoin

I am embarrassed that I have let my baby sit so long, under a cover at the end of my drive. But you know...job/money/time, etc. Life is hard! :slap:

Fuel pump ordered and on the way. Fingers crossed for next weekend! If she gets up and going, then I think I'm gunna have to spend some tax refund on new tires...the set I installed in Ohio back in '03 or '04 (can't recall...my first CatJam) seem to be about to pop due to dry rot.