Reply #60
Where is this guy when you need him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbfgVEk-mxQ

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #62
Apparently we got 7 inches in Chicago a few days ago. I'm crossing my fingers it and the other 8-10 inches of ice glacier are gone by the time I get home. I'm hoping the weather in Hawaii follows me home.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #63
The cold followed my wife to Hawaii this summer.  While she was there with the kids, it was the only time in 2014 it went above 90 here.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #64
Sorry Lou...more headed for the Windy City. We've got some kind of weather alert this morning...freezing rain or some shiznit.

I've got to go pick my Mountaineer up from the shop here in a bit, had an exhaust leak fixed, and got it safety inspected for a license plate renewal. Hopefully I won't have to se ice for 30 minutes just to drive 4 miles back home..

Yuck Fou...ice storm.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #65
Were in the 30's. 4 inches of snow on the ground. 1 1/2 hour drive turned into 3 hours. Highway were supposed to be working on is closed. Looking at a 3-4 hour drive home.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #66
Quote from: V8Demon;445514
The cold followed my wife to Hawaii this summer.  While she was there with the kids, it was the only time in 2014 it went above 90 here.

I wouldn't go to Hawaii in the summer. I'd be missing out on actual nice days we have in Chicago. I've only really got from mid May to mid September to get good weather.

Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;445515
Sorry Lou...more headed for the Windy City. We've got some kind of weather alert this morning...freezing rain or some shiznit.

I've got to go pick my Mountaineer up from the shop here in a bit, had an exhaust leak fixed, and got it safety inspected for a license plate renewal. Hopefully I won't have to se ice for 30 minutes just to drive 4 miles back home..

Yuck Fou...ice storm.

Ugh. I hate ice storms. Spring can't get here soon enough.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #67
Snows all melted already. We had between 4 and 6" total. Gonna be 48 tomorrow and 60's by the weekend.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #68
Our's all melted thanks to all the rain. But now we have flooding all over the place and the snow has started. It really coming down too! They're calling for 6 -10" and I think we'll get it.

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #69
Calling for another 4-8" here throughout the day.....

Uugggggggghhhhh
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #70
6-10" here. :mad:
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |
87 TC 5-Speed -- Cone Filter | Bypassed BCS | Stock Daily Driver
66 Mustang -- Pertronix Ignition Upgrade | Slow-Mobile

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #71
One of the best things about living in the south, especially South Carolina... we might get a little snow every year.  Just a couple of weeks ago, the forecast was supposed to be 4-8" and one station calling for 5-10".  Basically, anytime there's even a hint of snow/ice/sleet/freezing rain, a lot of places close.  Schools here closed the day before it was supposed to hit and there wasn't anything on the ground and were closed one to two days after, following up with two hour delays in the days after those.  People go nuts here running to get the milk and bread.  I was hugely skeptical because we've been duped plenty of times before.  We might have gotten 3" in some places, but it wasn't what they called for originally, which I figured would happen.  Our governor, Nikki Haley, called for a state of emergency prior to the "snowmageddon".  SMH  I was really looking forward to seeing a big snow because I've lived here all of my life and haven't seen a really big one ever.  Whenever any threat of wintry precipitation hits, it's a given most everything will close or be on a two-hour delay.  Life is good here!

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #72
I was just in South Carolina last week, near Myrtle Beach. They were calling for a little freezing rain, and they said on TV "All county schools are closed", hehe. Up north they list them individually. It was weird to hear a place cancel them all at once.

We also went to "broadway at the beach" (a big outdoor shopping complex), and it was also entirely closed except for one restaurant. Wow, heh. I am from Ohio, and no stores ever close on account of the weather here.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #73
Quote from: thetommyboy2k;445621
I was really looking forward to seeing a big snow because I've lived here all of my life and haven't seen a really big one ever

You're not missing anything.  TRUST ME.
It gets old fast, especially when you're running out of places to shovel it off to/plow it.

More snow than forecasted and still coming down hard..... Supposed to go for a few more hours...

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #74
Flew out of Kona, HI at 6 pm Chicago time yesterday. It was about 80* when I left. Landed at O'Hare around 6 this morning (had a two hour layover at LAX). It was 7*. Bit of a shock to the system. Spring can't get here soon  enough....