Skip to main content
Topic: Another Bird (Read 7862 times) previous topic - next topic

Another Bird

Reply #15
In fact, I have 2 or 3 cluster lenses, so I should have a good one. I found some batteries for my light, let me run out and look in my box of cluster stuff and get them, I'll bring them inside and wash the dust off, and throw some pics up for ya.. :)

The wheels will have to wait till tomorrow though, wife will get mad if I drag them in LOL.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Another Bird

Reply #16
That's cool. We don't want to upset the mrs............ lol
shoot me a price for the wheels.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Another Bird

Reply #17
Man that is a fine looking bird there
I don't blame ya for choosing this one, I would of done the same lol
So your looking to get rid of those wheels eh, text me if you are i might be interested in em.
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Another Bird

Reply #18
​Chris, I'll text you tomorrow.
Well I finished working on the bird for a little while. It's running pretty good and stopping quickly. That's the good news, the bad news is Im going to be cchangingout the rack as its leaking around the steering shaft as well as excessive movement with both inner tie rods of over 1/4" each. I also am going to replace every bushing it has. I was given a set of American racing 10 hole wheels with 2 good tires and 2 maypops. From a stand still, the bird will turn the maypops over relatively easy. I had to try once hehehe
:burnout:I'll get a couple of pics but don't :flame:............yet.
My wife is actually getting excited about her car..........now to be reunited with mine
:toilet:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Another Bird

Reply #19
Looks sharp! Nice score.
5-spoke wheels are just a total safe bet with these cars. Always works great.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Another Bird

Reply #20
Nice score :).

I'll tell you what after living in the "salt belt" my whole life I'd rather deal with faded paint than rust holes.

As for wheels what about ten holes the cars originally came with? You should be able to pick up a set from a Mustang LX cheap. If you need Thunderbird center caps for the ten holes/snowflakes let me know. I think I have the world's largest collection lol.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Another Bird

Reply #21
X
These are the temporary wheels that it's going to wear.... no :beatyoass: yet. The wife says that she kinda likes these because they're period correct. 

Thanks Lou. The bosses and I were talking after work tonight and we agreed that I should use the gallon of XX Black Cherry that we have sitting (because a customer changed his mind).

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Another Bird

Reply #22
oh my goodness!  A black cherry T-bird.  *drool*  I can not wait to see that!  Awesome score John!
84 TurboCoupe with 302 .010 over - 9.8 : 1 Forged Pistons - Edlebrock Goodies:  Aluminum Heads #6037, Intake #3821, 65mm TBI/EGR #3824/3827, Camshaft #3722 -  Interactive System & Technologies Mass Air with 24# Injectors - A9L - 3g Alternator - BBK shorties, Cat Converter H-pipe, Magniflow lers - World Class T5 1352-169 (1986, V8, WC, 3.15 3.35 1.93 1.29 1.00 0.68) OEM Clutch Cable - 7.5 Trac Lock with 3.08 and slapper bars from 82 Mustang.

Another Bird

Reply #23
John those are the wheels i ran on my 83 back in the day......X

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Another Bird

Reply #24
LOL. Forest gave these to me. They were on his 85 get when he bought it. They've been in storage for 6 or 7 years. Surprisingly, the tires hold air.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Another Bird

Reply #25
Quote from: 1BadBird;443528
X
These are the temporary wheels that it's going to wear.... no :beatyoass: yet. The wife says that she kinda likes these because they're period correct. 

Thanks Lou. The bosses and I were talking after work tonight and we agreed that I should use the gallon of XX Black Cherry that we have sitting (because a customer changed his mind).

Black cherry would look pretty cool with a charcoal gray lower (al la how it's tue-toned now). Depending on how much metal flake is in the black cherry you many want to use a metallic charcoal gray on the lower vs just a glossy charcoal gray.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Another Bird

Reply #26
sheesh. those maypops would go real good on my bird. Trade ya a set of black ponies for em lol Car looks real nice John

Another Bird

Reply #27
Quote from: thunderjet302;443567
Black cherry would look pretty cool with a charcoal gray lower (al la how it's tue-toned now). Depending on how much metal flake is in the black cherry you many want to use a metallic charcoal gray on the lower vs just a glossy charcoal gray.
Yep, Brandi is very firm that it WILL remain 2 tone. The XX Black Cherry isn't overly metallic and yep, a metallic charcoal Grey on bottom.

Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;443588
sheesh. those maypops would go real good on my bird. Trade ya a set of black ponies for em lol Car looks real nice John
LOL Thanks Clayton but Brandi is one that doesn't really care for 5 spoke type of wheels �� one of the maypops, is showing glimpse of cord in a few spots.
So how did your interview go? I really wish you were close, we need a couple of GOOD passionate bodymen.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Another Bird

Reply #28
For the lower gray tue-tone check out the lower charcoal gray accent from a 88-92 Mark VII LSC. I'll check what the paint code is on my 91 for you. It has a very slight amount of metallic flake. Or even the charcoal gray used on my Thunderbird.

Another Bird

Reply #29
Quote from: 1BadBird;443558
LOL. Forest gave these to me. They were on his 85 get when he bought it. They've been in storage for 6 or 7 years. Surprisingly, the tires hold air.

Tires don't look dry rotted either, wow

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler