Skip to main content
Topic: New pipes on the Whitebird today (Read 2209 times) previous topic - next topic

New pipes on the Whitebird today

We took our white 88 in for a new exhaust system today:

Just about ready to fire up and see how it sounds + a little eye candy for those of you, like me, who are Chevy fans.
Ron
Speed is just a question of MONEY How fast can you go?    (M. M.)

Reply #1
Look at that rust-free undercarriage. Oh nice exhaust by the way :P
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2
Hope it sounds good.  Did you get rid of the cat?
Mike

Reply #3
Quote from: ZondaC12;438140
Look at that rust-free undercarriage. Oh nice exhaust by the way :P

Thanks
It's an AZ car which normally = no rust!
Jim does a nice job of fabricating exhaust. The only problem is that the pipe is bent on a blue boy, not as nice as mandrel bent, but nice. I opted to go up to 2 1/2" pipe all the way with a pair of Magnaflows & down draft tailpipes instead of chrome extensions like we have on the BlkBrd.

Quote from: mcb82gt;438142
Hope it sounds good.  Did you get rid of the cat?

It is pretty quiet so far…………..no cats in this home.
Ron

Reply #4
I like!!!!!!

Reply #5
Quote from: razzys wagon;438189
I like!!!!!!

Thanks razzy,
We took it for a highway cruise last evening with the moon roof & windows open. It is much quieter than I expected with the Magnaflows on it.
I am not sure how long it will take the computer to adjust to not having a cat & having a little freer flowing exhaust to match the large cone K & N up front, but it seems to be running good at this point.
Ron