Skip to main content
Topic: 87 Turbo Coupe (Read 6048 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 87 Turbo Coupe

Reply #15
More proof that you guys are perfectly capable of starting arguments without my help. :p

At any rate, I have to say I'm already sick of hearing about ed Caddy engines. (as I've said elsewhere, I'm in the "Ford body, Ford engine" camp) If any of you want to hack one into your own cars, hey.. more power to ya. But it's starting to look like we're getting a few "pushers" here.

I have my own uncommon swap I want to do, and will eventually do. Some others here may even want to do the same thing I want to do. However, unless they express an interest in the engine, I have no real desire to "push" my choice of engine on them. (and if I've ever come across as pushing the 300 on people who wanted nothing to do with it, my apologies. It's not my intent) For the majority here, an engine in the Windsor, 335, or 385 series is probably in their future plans.. and that's fine for them.

Reply #16
Quote from: shiftless
lol, I think I've got him on seniority, that is if we're talking about on TurboFord.org. ;)

I'm #711 on TurboFord..... So whats your #????

EDIT... Be honest, I just checked....

Reply #17
Quote from: shiftless
lol, I think I've got him on seniority, that is if we're talking about on TurboFord.org. ;)

:rollin:

Reply #18
i've never got into an arquement on this board or any other boards ive been on so i have no intention of starting now so  shiftless come yourself.now an opion on a motor was asked i gave mine and it was offered to SirChripAlot.whether he likes the idea or not is up to him to decide and no one else.the decision in the end is his and his alone to do to his car what he wants or likes as is the same for any one.

Reply #19
Bird351, Jesus H. Jumped-Up Christ, why did you start shiznit with everyone?  It was a perfectly calm and sane conversation till you came in and started slinging shiznit.

Reply #20
Quote from: Ifixyawata
Bird351, Jesus H. Jumped-Up Christ, why did you start shiznit with everyone?  It was a perfectly calm and sane conversation till you came in and started slinging shiznit.

Oh, I know.. I'm just evil. This was so nice and quiet before I showed up.  :flip:

Reply #21
Quote from: Bird351
Oh, I know.. I'm just evil. This was so nice and quiet before I showed up.  :flip:

U R such a tr011!!!!! sumbody B4N his a$$!

Quote from: phyxius
so shiftless come yourself.

:yuck: baaaaahahahad mental image.

Reply #22
well still unsure what i will do but the turbo coupe should have a turbo or 2.

With that said i will take the motor out of my 85 when i have the turbo kit ready and drop it in the TC were it belongs,  I now feel that ford should have made the TC a V8 Turbo car from the start,

As for 85 well the shell is not that bad but with motor tranny susp and rear end going to the TC i will build a buget 460 with 440 six pack rods and a set of cobra jet heads.
Then spray the snot out if it.

Anyway are camaro is in Car Craft Real Street Eliminator
Link is
http://www.carcraft.com/upcomingevents/116_0508_rse/index14.html
This car has been on Sports car rev on the dyno as well.
Come on vote for it and get us down to race some big dollor cars.
On a side note most of the other cars rims are worth more then are whole car LOL.

Reply #23
I think the Cad motor in the TBird is waaaay cool! Putting a motor in a vehicle that it never came with is very cool in my own opinion.

James

Reply #24
how about a turbo V6 buick in a vette.

http://www.roguevette.com/

Another buddy of mine :)
Enjoy

Reply #25
Um...the cabbit isn't real.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Joe

Reply #26
Cabbit?

Reply #27
Quote from: Ifixyawata
Cabbit?

Cat/rabbit cross breed, have you not been listening? :slap: It has everything to do with cars and engines.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Reply #28
motor swaps are endless into fox body cars

i am currently swapping in a 460 in my t/c it will get a large single turbo later down the line .definatly not a cheap swap but i hope it to be loads of fun

ive also had a mustang w/ a sbc in it > very very easy swap easier then putting a 5.0 in a 4 cyl car it was very fun ran 7.17's in the 1/8 mile with ease and was super cheap to build 

another viable option is the bbc swaps in fairly easy also

I agree it is your choice on what you want but it is always more funt o have somthing differant than joe blow has around here there are no fox t-birds with 460's thats why i am building mine.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SWAP dont let anyone discourage you from what you choose to put in it be chevy/ford/chrysler/amc/caddy/etc
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #29
best thing is with cars u can do what u want.
Be it copy a car from a mag or a show or do it your way its all good.

I have the Turbo Coupe still sitting and have looked the car over end to end and its in realy good shape so my plan is not to chop it up and go with a tube K up front and lader bar setup out back with twin turbo 351.  My 85 t will last me the summer and then i will build up a mild 460 with 440 6 pack rods and drop that into it and call it good.

TC will take all winter to build and home to have it for next years May24 weekend.