Skip to main content
Topic: Look what I scored at Harry's U-Pull It!! (Read 3040 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Look what I scored at Harry's U-Pull It!!

Reply #15
You couldn't get the buttstuffog cluster in '87?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #16
The 1987 XR7 had the full electronic instrument cluster as standard equipment. Apparently Ford felt that full digital gauges meant that a car was fully loaded, which is what an XR7 buyer wanted, so the buttstuffog cluster took a one-year hiatus.
:confused:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #17
I have seen them in an 86 before. Wether or not it is factory or someone added it I dont know.

James

Reply #18
the turbo xr7's had the buttstuffog cluster standard I think. If not it was an option.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #19
Cougar XR7's: 1985, 1986, 1988 (standard; electronic was optional this year)
Turbo Coupes: 1985-88 (all)
Thunderbird Sport V8: 1988

Those are the only cars known to have the full buttstuffog cluster from the factory.

Reply #20
Quote from: EricCoolCats
Cougar XR7's: 1985, 1986, 1988 (standard; electronic was optional this year)
Turbo Coupes: 1985-88 (all)
Thunderbird Sport V8: 1988

Those are the only cars known to have the full buttstuffog cluster from the factory.

Exactly!! :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #21
Quote from: srv1
Then you have that ugly turbo light as well. I have a TC cluster and I was going to that as you mentioned but having a nice V8 one is better since I dont have to modify anything.

You scored a 140mph one? I bet you shiznit your pants when you saw that!!
James

I have the ugly light in the tach(its for the ride controll, nothing to do with the turbo). Anyway I bored a hole in the Sport tach so I could mount it..

Yea I bout $hit a squealing worm when I ran across the speedo...

http://www.members.pen 15s.net/mr428/sport140.JPG