Skip to main content
Topic: Sorry Oldraven... (Read 842 times) previous topic - next topic

Sorry Oldraven...

I've just been watching the Live8 concert, and it only cemented my potentially treasonous opinion:

Tragically Hip sucks ass :yuck::raspberry :yuck:

That performance wads HORRID! The singer sounded like Gilbert Godfrey, for God's sake!

And to think CTV probably cut off some of Pink Floyd's performance to show it :toilet:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Re: Sorry Oldraven...

Reply #1
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
And to think CTV probably cut off some of Pink Floyd's performance to show it :toilet:

Blasphemy. Treason. Worse than jaywalking, at least. Never cut off Floyd for anyone else. :p

Reply #2
Hell no. I dont care who it is either.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #3
I wouldn't care if they hadn't played together for 100 years, I'd still take the Hip over Pink Floyd any day(and I kind of like PF). To each his own I guess.
The Birdman wouldn't lie!

Reply #4
Quote from: Thunder Chicken

Tragically Hip sucks ass :yuck::raspberry :yuck:

I second, third and fourth that opinion!!  I cant stand that whiny-singing SOB.  Why on earth do so many people love them?  They SUCK.  They should be :macgun: or sent to Iraq to kill insurgents with their "music".  This could be Canada's contribution to the war.

Reply #5
I think if they could convince Gord Downie to keep his experimental music and vocals on his solo tracks, the band would be alright again. Sadly, he's taken the once great band the way of Radiohead.

Carmen, I'm not insulted. I saw the Hip live two years ago, and I kind of wanted my money back. It's pretty bad when you realise you would have had more fun if you'd stayed in the tent and drank.