Skip to main content

Poll

Post thine age

Total Members Voted: 58

Topic: Get carded here! (Read 4145 times) previous topic - next topic

Get carded here!

I was just looking to get an age demographic for the community here.  I'm 22 and have owned a tbird since I was 17.  How old (or young) are you?

*EDIT*
If you're older than 50, sorry.  Just vote in the 40-50 category.  I didn't think there were TOO many members over 50 and I can't edit my poll.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Re: Get carded here!

Reply #1
23 here ... and i've found myself to be possibly the laziest person in the world.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #2
Oh great, midlife crisis. At least I don't need to buy a porche (40-50).

I am thinking about buying one of those Mercury Maurarders... We'll see...

I was 49 when I started modding the Tbird, that was 6 years ago...

Reply #3
Goodbye foolish youth, hello real world (25-40)

I'm 29.  House payment, car payment, kid on the way, putting the wife through college (she's 9 credits shy of her Master's degree) without student loans because I don't feel like payin for that for 15 or 20 years, a dog, 2 cats, a brother constantly asking for loans.....yup my youth is still here, but the foolish part IS gone.
Got my first cougar at 17 and have had this one since I was 21.  Right now all my car upgrade money comes in the form of overtime (I REFUSE to dip into my bank accounts for that) and unfortunately it's been pretty sparse this year.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
46 here, single, two grown kids. First Cougar was a 76, had a 73 T bird before that, I was about19. :D  Have had a 74,75,76,78 Cougar, and 2 84s, an 86, 3 87s and an 88. Also had an 87 T bird.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #5
28 (in a week) one t-bird, gone now, but just waiting for my next one.
wife in school, rent, car payment, no money for car fun right now.

Reply #6
21 and trying to figure out wtf I do with all the money I make... I really need to stop buying stuff...

Reply #7
18 but I voted for the 18 to 25 catagorey.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #8
46 here. wanted an 87 since the first day they came out. Finally got mine about 5 years ago. Insurance rates are really high with teen age drivers so i gave/lent the car to my daughter and started riding the MC to work every day. She screwed the car up so bad i took it off the road and bought here a mini-van ha that fixed here (not really) my son started driving last fall so i pulled the bird out went through it  and now i'm sharing with him till he's done high school. Learning alot about fixing these things. This board has really help with the long range plans. Starting to acspoogelate parts for the big day when its all mine again. 8.8 rear 5.0 h.o. new seats so far. thinking of a turbo kit to fit the 5.0
Baylensman 97 XR7

Reply #9
Good Lord! You put three options for teenagers in there then lumped 25yo's in with 40yo's? WF planet are you living on?

I really need to stop buying stuff...

...and there she goes on her new crotch rocket, leaving a trail of bills as she goes. :giggle:

25 and this is my second T-bird. Had a '91 3.8 at 20, and got my TC at 22. Kid is here, (Coira's  just over a month :hick: ), and we're free of our student loans, but not the mortgage, or car payment.

Reply #10
Quote from: oldraven
...and there she goes on her new crotch rocket, leaving a trail of bills as she goes. :giggle:

LOL, spent more on the bird this year then the bike...  :flip: gotta stop doing that

Reply #11
I can't freakin' drive yet, bummer... (16 and under)

haha! i beat the 16 and under by 2 years ;) ill be getting my permit next summer as i get to torture one of those "special" impalas  :evilgrin:
i have had my car since i was(actually keys in my hand)..... for about 2 years in september.....and ive rebuilt the front brakes, new valvecover gaskets, the usual oil change (s), new radio, speakers, seats, exhaust, new rims (need tires!) new alt, new ignition stuff..., HO upper,and all that cost more than the car itself.......which was $50 :D  :flip:  the total ammount was around $475 with all stuff i bought for it......

Reply #12
I'm 22 years old, bought my first Thunderbird last fall, a '91 with a 3.8, killed a deer with it this winter and decided it needs retiring. About three months ago I bought my '85 Thunderbird 5.0, and I look forward to having enough money to really build it up.

2003 Triumph Speed Four
1992 Dnepr MT-11 30rwhp "Gracie"

Reply #13
17, but I unno about the whole coolest thign on 4wheels...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/665379

1983 TurboCoupe-T3 .60/.63, 3" exhaust, Motorsport front mount, PJ, large VAM, green tops, 8.8" w/ 3.55's, 13.72@97mph
1985.5 SVO
1984 Fullsize Bronco- 300, NP435

Reply #14
Quote from: turbo83coupe
17, but I unno about the whole coolest thign on 4wheels...

Same here. I drive a rusted and dented primer black 88 Bird. Right now the  thing wont even move. So no I'm not the coolest thing on 4 wheels. Had the car since 14, now I'm 17. Paid $150 for the car and put at least 300 in it. Well more like 175 since the HO isnt in it yet.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost