Skip to main content
Topic: Lorain Assembly plant (Read 3044 times) previous topic - next topic

Lorain Assembly plant

If your car was built in the Lorain plant you might find this interesting, albeit a bit sad.

Check out the first panoramic picture. Takes it awhile to load but it's neat.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=142971
tbirdregistry.com

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #2
I just found this thread and really enjoyed seeing the pics that you took of the plant.

I can only imagine the eery feeling you must have had as you went from area to area in its present state but knowing the flourish of activity this industrial site once experienced.
Thanks a bunch!
Ron
PS you have a great looking Bird
Speed is just a question of MONEY How fast can you go?    (M. M.)

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #3
Neat pics

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #4
Unfortunately it isn't my car :hick:  and I didn't get to visit the site.  Just happened across the thread while searching on Lorain information.

But thanks for the complements. :D

Sorry for not making that clear in my original post.
tbirdregistry.com

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #5
At least parts of Lorain are still there. Wixom is gone as far as I know.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #6
My old 70 Torino ragtop and my 83 Bird were both built there almost 13 years apart to the day.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #7
I've autox'd my tbird in the parking lots around that complex.  Unfortunately it was with a corvette club lol.

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick:

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #8
"From Earth, we spring forth. To Earth, we fall back into." And so shall it be for everything, real and imagined, good, bad, and poor or rich. These are the fates which are inescapable, but fear not, it's merely one small step of a glorious journey.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #9
You know if we could get mine and rodsterh's Thunderbird out there we could have matching bookends for the Aerobird prodouction run. It would be a kind of cool photo.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #10
Quote from: MY83T;425216
My old 70 Torino ragtop and my 83 Bird were both built there almost 13 years apart to the day.

David,

Not to change the thread, just saying hello, I recently joined and also have an '83 Heritage, 5.0, silver like in your graphic. I'm in north jersey; good to know there are others nearby as I never see them on the road anymore. Mine was original owner, 54,000 miles.

Mark

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #11
Quote from: kuchak;425420
David,

Not to change the thread, just saying hello, I recently joined and also have an '83 Heritage, 5.0, silver like in your graphic. I'm in north jersey; good to know there are others nearby as I never see them on the road anymore. Mine was original owner, 54,000 miles.

Mark

Hi Mark, welcome the forum! Good to see another 83 Silver Heritage on the board.  I am Long Island based, and my 83 is in my driveway with a tarp on it since Hurricane Sandy did its business.  Plans are to get her running again and finish restoring her proper as soon as time and funds allow.  Any pics of your silver beauty?  We loooove pics around here.......

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #12
Quote from: MY83T;425437
Hi Mark, welcome the forum! Good to see another 83 Silver Heritage on the board.  I am Long Island based, and my 83 is in my driveway with a tarp on it since Hurricane Sandy did its business.  Plans are to get her running again and finish restoring her proper as soon as time and funds allow.  Any pics of your silver beauty?  We loooove pics around here.......

Here it is:

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #13
Quote from: kuchak;425442
Here it is:

Twins!!  Your rocking TRX's like me!  No vent windows?  What interior color/leather/velour?  Gorgeous car btw.....

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #14
Quote from: MY83T;425445
Twins!!  Your rocking TRX's like me!  No vent windows?  What interior color/leather/velour?  Gorgeous car btw.....

No, no vent windows. I didn't know any came with vent windows. Interior is dark blue velour. By TRX's, do you mean the wheels?

I'm having a lot of fun driving it but it's off the road until the streets dry out from this recent snow. I had an '88 Turbo Coupe and know these are not the most rust proof cars on the planet.