Skip to main content
Topic: Lorain Assembly plant (Read 3206 times) previous topic - next topic

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #15
Quote from: kuchak;425489
No, no vent windows. I didn't know any came with vent windows. Interior is dark blue velour. By TRX's, do you mean the wheels?

I'm having a lot of fun driving it but it's off the road until the streets dry out from this recent snow. I had an '88 Turbo Coupe and know these are not the most rust proof cars on the planet.

Mark, they indeed had the vent windows through 86 as an option.....The wheels are Metric and use a odd european size tire that are super expensive to replace, so watch the burnouts.....and yes, fox body cars are notorious for rust in all the bad places.  My car has a light blue leather interior.  Here are a few pics for you.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #17
Hasn't moved from its spot, busted back window, and a tarp over the car.  Interior filled with various parts.  Its a sad sight.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #18
Quote from: thunderjet302;425236
You know if we could get mine and rodsterh's Thunderbird out there we could have matching bookends for the Aerobird prodouction run. It would be a kind of cool photo.

That would be cool! :D

Quote from: kuchak;425442
Here it is:

Welcome.....and great looking car! 

You found a gem since it's a one owner with those low miles.  Be sure to share some more pictures and good luck with it.

If you check the VIN you can find out if it was built in Lorain too....most likely it was.
tbirdregistry.com

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #19
Quote from: rodsterh;425519
That would be cool! :D

Welcome.....and great looking car! 

You found a gem since it's a one owner with those low miles.  Be sure to share some more pictures and good luck with it.

If you check the VIN you can find out if it was built in Lorain too....most likely it was.

David,

Great pics, I hope you can get it on the road again but I know what a disaster Sandy was to cars.

rodsterh,

Thanks for posting those pics. Assembly plant code in the VIN is H so it was indeed Lorain.

Lorain Assembly plant

Reply #20
You saw the demise of the Lorain Plant, now here is some (vintage 1984) interesting facts about the plant from an article I recently found. :hick:

I always said the quality of my 83 was great and it sounds like the workers really did want to produce a good product. I know that wasn't necessarily true at all the Ford plants at the time!

Enjoy.

X

X
tbirdregistry.com