Skip to main content
Topic: new member to the litter.... (Read 4742 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: new member to the litter....

Reply #15
Since you're changing the interior and other stuff, will you keep the stock color once the rust repair is done?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #16
Quote from: Paul Flockhart
Since you're changing the interior and other stuff, will you keep the stock color once the rust repair is done?

Yes, I like that color!!  :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #17
Me too!  My first cougar was the same color.  It also had the red interior (Take that Jcassity :hick: ).  Sold it back to my parents after doing some minor mods to it because they needed a second car.  They sold it to my stepsister's husband a year later who then wrecked it :toilet:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #18
I've had two 87s, and they are both "sandalwood". I'm a little tired of sandalwood...lol. :hick:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #19
not that bad. the quarter panel is a pain, and the heater core will be a good weekend workout, but not to bad over all. Straight body little rust, and if it runs you got a pretty good deal.

Reply #20
Quote from: TurboCoupe50
Sorry... Guess I'm just spoiled by our rust free cars...

[Mr. Garison]  YOU GO TO HELL!  YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE! [Mr. Garison]  :flip:

Seriously though, Tom if there's such good sheetmetal over there, keep me in mind, I could use some rust free quarters for my bird.  I'll even drive there to get them.  :bowdown:

Reply #21
$200?  Not bad at all.  You're braver than I.  I'd end up, as bad as it is, using the car for parts.  Now if it was a 30th anny bird... I'd make an exception.

Reply #22
Quote from: Ifixyawata
$200?  Not bad at all.  You're braver than I.  I'd end up, as bad as it is, using the car for parts.  Now if it was a 30th anny bird... I'd make an exception.

you mean like this one?!! :D
well the body is pretty solid, it needs a drivers fender and a header panel to be really straight. Also the motor runs great, I took it for a short spin, and the tranny shifts great  :D . This car was assembled in 4/87, and sold 4/30/87 weird thing is my birthday is 4/30 :tg:  guess it was meant to be.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #23
Mmmmm. I got to see my first 30th anniversary in person the other day.  A guy came into the gas station with a mostly-primered '85 Thunderbird, but I saw the blue grille poking out and knew what it was.  I asked him about it, and as the story usually goes, he found it in an old lady's barn.  Thankfully he was repainting it the same color.  Next time I see him I should direct him to this site

Reply #24
I seen this one at the Thunderbird's 50th anny, at the Ford world headquarters. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #25
Ok, first major mod. Got rid of the 4x4 look, much better now!! :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #26
Oh by the way, I also swapped out the door panela, don't really like the TC style panels :yuck: . Anybody interested in them, make an offer, Complete pass., driver just the panel. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #27
I'm gonna cry..... :(

Reply #28
You and those purple turbines. :D

Aren't the special memory seat switch panels in the 20th door panels?

You found a keeper, that's for sure. I would have bought that for $200 in a heartbeat. Nice find.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #29
Aren't the special memory seat switch panels in the 20th door panels?
  I guess that was optional, because this car only has the "heated" seats, not the memory.
Yea lol, I'm gonna get some wheel paint and do something different with the turbines. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3