Skip to main content
Topic: Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics..... (Read 46839 times) previous topic - next topic

Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics.....

Reply #30
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #31
Baby sport !!!!!!!!!!!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #32
I would rock the hell out of that lol

Just don't get t boned

Reply #33
They are hoping to have paint on the Sport around Wednesday, followed by a few coats of clear. I'll get the old girl assembled, then pics. I may have some "in progress" pics tonight. Gotta get my son to help my upload the pics. LOL. It's going to be a couple of shades darker than it was, and it'll have a gentle goldish tone to it as the metal flake is light gold in color in the darker green. Dupont "Pop Green Effect". It looks great when the sun hits it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #34
Nice can't wait to see it

Reply #35
It'll probably blow everyone's mind.....me included.

Reply #36
Cant wait to see the "NEW SPORT"....... Its like a kid at Christmas huh Vinnie?
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #37
Yes it is. After the hail damage, I just lost interest for a while, then decided I had to do what I had to do....Get the Sport in shape again.

Reply #38
Hey Vin.'...Whats the update on the Sport?..
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #39
o.K....Update.... The Sport is still in the shop. He's going all out on the body work. LOT'S of block sanding and doing it the right way. This coming week, the Sport should be it's new shade of Dupont "Pop Green Effect". It'll be about a shade and a half darker than it was. After paint this week, clear coat, then color sanding and buffing.
 I have to re-install the 1/4 windows and a lot more parts when I get it back, along with all of the door seals from the car I pulled them from this week. Minty fresh seals. Nice.

I have the black molding trim to install as well. It will replace the chrome strip that runs down the center of the side molding. The typically black body molding will be body color, as will the mirrors. As I mentioned before (I think I did), the c-pillar holes, trunk emblem holes, and fender antenna hole have all been welded  closed and are now smoothed. Getting there slowly but surely. Pics will be posted when it's home and back together.

Reply #40
This is what the Sport's new color should look like..........

X

Reply #41
I welded up the holes on the trunk lid of my old Sport. I debated on doing the c-pillar emblem holes, but I did a few quick photoshops and decided I didn't like the look without them. might look better on green, but on the maroon it just wasn't right for me.
Currently Birdless but never Foxless

86 Mustang GT

Reply #42
If I decide I need the c-pillar badges, I can always 3M tape them. Otherwise, I have a plan.

Reply #43
It appears that the modified trunk lid is going to happen.

Reply #44
This weekend....I'll have the tail lights restored. The trunk lid work is well under way, and coming along quite nicely so far. Can't wait for the finished product. Hopefully, late next week, maybe mid week, paint goes on, then the clear, then the buffing process. getting closer by the day.