Skip to main content
Topic: Rain rain go away.... (Read 3102 times) previous topic - next topic

Rain rain go away....

There's time when we need rain, but I feel somebody has went a little overboard this year see.

This happened on Monday after a very windy & hard rain storm came rumbling through here.

Somebody...anybody please make it stop for awhile....:toilet:

Rain rain go away....

Reply #1
It rained here the last three days, but, it was so hot, the water evaporated before it ever hit the ground. Over 100 degrees. 109 two days ago. AND IT'S ONLY JUNE!!!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Rain rain go away....

Reply #2
Well, we are sweating our asses off over here, it does not get this hot! I don't know how the rest of you get anything done in the summer.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Rain rain go away....

Reply #3
Now only if I could get this Camel here to drink up all of the water ....:evilgrin:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=geico+camel+commercial&mid=7BBF2FCC4414A44A29C97BBF2FCC4414A44A29C9&view=detail&FORM=VIRE7

Rain rain go away....

Reply #4
Quote from: jrad235;417779
Well, we are sweating our asses off over here, it does not get this hot! I don't know how the rest of you get anything done in the summer.

Yeah, I agree. We were sweating yesterday applying sound deadening.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Rain rain go away....

Reply #5
It's raining every day here too. Anybody want to buy a convertible? LOL
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Rain rain go away....

Reply #6
105here for the last two days, today was only 102 ish. we recorded 107-108 at our house. but we have no humidity, so its not that bad here.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Rain rain go away....

Reply #7
Humidity....Yeah, we have much of that.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Rain rain go away....

Reply #8
It's been wet. And wet. And wet. We've been stuck in April-May since, well...April-May. We're under constant flood watch, and the rain is turning the weeds into trees. I can't even kill them because it's been raining every . single . day.

My only consolation is that being cooped up has forced me to make some progress on my Arduino touchscreen gauge project.

(no sensors attached yet...for the moment, the touch position is determining the readings while I work on code and bitmaps. This picture is heavily modified to try to show how vivid the OLED screen is...it's even more vivid than this, and yes, that's a stuck red pixel at the "3" :( )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Rain rain go away....

Reply #9
hmm, I have an adruno not doing anything...

have oled's come down in price?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Rain rain go away....

Reply #10
heat generall bothers most people more now than 20 years ago.... people tend to stay indoors near the AC more,, and get less seratonan or whatever that stuff is your body makes due to sun light.

Rain rain go away....

Reply #11
Quote from: Quietleaf;417921
My only consolation is that being cooped up has forced me to make some progress on my Arduino touchscreen gauge project.

There is much badassness in your post/pic. I am set on going full Knight Rider on my new Tbird project and have been looking into options of using one of these, in place of the factory clock, to monitor various sending units for the drivetrain.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Rain rain go away....

Reply #12
Quote from: Haystack;417925
hmm, I have an adruno not doing anything...

have oled's come down in price?

Still around $180 for a Touchshield Slide...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Rain rain go away....

Reply #13
I hooked up my compass and temperature sensors today. If I tap on the left half of the screen it shows Volts; if I tap on the right half it shows compass and temp.

And the rain is back :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Rain rain go away....

Reply #14
Yeah I'm done with the rain as well. I haven't had the Thunderbird out in 3 weeks. Every chance I have to drive it also happens to be a day it decides to rain ALL day :mad:.

I have to mow my yard every 3 days. On the bright side I haven't watered my garden in a week.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.