Skip to main content
Topic: Cobra Engine Craigslist Score! (Read 14651 times) previous topic - next topic

Cobra Engine Craigslist Score!

Reply #45
Everything is going really well. The car should be done in time for my next drift event on June 22nd. The motor is dressed and ready to go in, but I'm going to wait until I get my new clutch and V-bands before I put it in. It will be a lot easier to do with the engine out.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #46
More progress. My new V-band s came in and I made the needed alterations to the turbo manifolds.
welding a  onto an extension to compensate for the new passenger side header:

This is where the extension was needed:

Here's how it sits now:

Also got a new clutch. SPEC stage 3

I should be getting my 42lb injectors tomorrow night.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #47
looks  good

i like my spec 3 but heavy very grabby and will kill a stock t5

Reply #48
Quote from: STANG8U;414117
looks  good

i like my spec 3 but heavy very grabby and will kill a stock t5

I have a SPEC stage 5 in my Maxima. It's pretty harsh. Hoping I won't have to go that crazy with the tbird. We'll see how she holds.

Reply #49
Nice! Getting closer! :burnout:

Reply #50
I just noticed that I got the wrong clutch. The ebay auction title said "SPEC Clutch Kit Stage 3 Ford Mustang 86-95 5.0L", but I just noticed that the clutch they sent is a 26 spline, and I need a 10 spline for my T5. Did I screw up, or is this the sellers fault? I thought 86-95 mustangs were all 10 spline.
This is the eBay auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310321876854?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Reply #51
86-95 Mustangs were all 10 spline.  The seller provided the incorrect part.

Reply #52
10 spline are standard on T-5s & T-45s. My T-45 from a 98 Cobra is a 10 spline as is the 11" clutch setup from 2000+ 4.6 GT. There are up-graded 26 spline input shafts though. But yes, the seller sent you the wrong disc.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #53
that sucks

Reply #54
Thanks for confirming. That's what I thought. I sent them a message last night informing them of the problem. So far, no word back from them. Sucks because I'm about ready to drop the motor in, but it would be nice to have the clutch bolted to the flywheel. One less thing I have to do under the car.

Reply #55
Well, I finally got the right clutch. I had to return the disc to SPEC and wait for them to send the right one. They admitted that they had sent me one for a t56 by accident. My injectors also arrived. I got 42lb. (440cc) flow matched.

Aeromotive FPR

Reply #56
looks good man very clean

Reply #57
Update:
Motor is in with the new SPEC stage 3 clutch, and Megasquirt components have been ordered.

Reply #58
looking good man

Reply #59
Just finished my ms3 with ms3x card install. Was very easy to install the tuning is a lil difficult for me. Ill get it tho. Got it fired up yest. If you have any questions with install i can help