Skip to main content
Topic: new car, not a fox though (Read 7004 times) previous topic - next topic

new car, not a fox though

After 8 years of trying to buy back my 85 TC, I think I have finally given up. I also recently sold my 07 S197, with a built motor and single turbo kit. Also went back to the new owner and tried buying that one back, with no luck.

My original plan was to buy back the 85 and swap in a coyote. There have been a few fox bodies that popped up with coyote swaps, but nothing that really excited me. So I did the next best thing:

So far, I love it. And believe it or not, it's an auto. I never thought I would own one, but don't knock them until you have driven them. Also, an auto fits my future plans better!

Reply #1
Nice Jim,  so whats the plans with this one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
Quote from: Bob;405168
Nice Jim,  so whats the plans with this one?

Well, I am going to try and leave alone until spring, so I can get a baseline at the track. I just missed Atco and Cecil closing for the year. Then, probably run all year with a tune, cai, boss manifold, o/r x-pipe. If all goes well, maybe winter of 13/14, I will install a power adder.

How's your car coming?

Reply #3
Nice !!

Reply #4
Quote from: thundr306;405169
Well, I am going to try and leave alone until spring, so I can get a baseline at the track. I just missed Atco and Cecil closing for the year. Then, probably run all year with a tune, cai, boss manifold, o/r x-pipe. If all goes well, maybe winter of 13/14, I will install a power adder.

How's your car coming?

Untouched for a long time now.  I think I'm gonna just sell it,  I just don't have the time,  between family, work, and school. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #5
Sweet. Boss302? I didn't know they came autoloaded? Buddy of mine recently picked one up. Had a hard time breaking 13's stock. Didn't fuss with it much and went right to a centri. I forget if it was procharger or Vortech though.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #6
Quote from: STANG8U;405171
Nice !!

Thanks!

Quote from: Bob;405172
Untouched for a long time now.  I think I'm gonna just sell it,  I just don't have the time,  between family, work, and school. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it.

Thats a shame. You put alot of time into it. Maybe just let it sit until things slow down?

Quote from: shame302;405179
Sweet. Boss302? I didn't know they came autoloaded? Buddy of mine recently picked one up. Had a hard time breaking 13's stock. Didn't fuss with it much and went right to a centri. I forget if it was procharger or Vortech though.

It's a GT/CS. I'd like to see what I can get out of it n/a first without going too crazy.

Reply #7
Those new 5.0 make power so ez

The bolt ons cost a lot but the gains are worth it

Reply #8
Quote from: STANG8U;405192
Those new 5.0 make power so ez

The bolt ons cost a lot but the gains are worth it

I would like to see 11's with bolt ons. We will see.

Reply #9
It can be done

Get your bolt ons in and order a tune ..... And don't forget stickie tires :)

Reply #10
Nice. I think you'll like it.

Love the color btw :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #11
I've got to agree that Grabber Blue is just all that and a sack of chips. Would love to paint the '89 Stang that color someday.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #12
Thanks all. I haven't decided if I like the Grabber Orange or Grabber Blue more yet.  Shame the weather is now py, it really cuts down on driving time.

thunderjet302...shame you are so far, I have a nice set of 19" California Special wheels/tires I could sell you!

Reply #13
The stock wheels on my Mustang aren't bad but the GT/CS wheels are pretty cool. Shipping would be horrible though :hick:. What wheels are on your Mustang BTW? They look pretty cool.

The 6 speed auto in the new Mustangs is pretty good. It actually responds very well to throttle inputs. It's almost as good as a stick.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #14
Quote from: thunderjet302;405396
The stock wheels on my Mustang aren't bad but the GT/CS wheels are pretty cool. Shipping would be horrible though :hick:. What wheels are on your Mustang BTW? They look pretty cool.

The 6 speed auto in the new Mustangs is pretty good. It actually responds very well to throttle inputs. It's almost as good as a stick.

They CS' are cool wheels. I would keep them, but they will never go back on. The new ones are 20x9/20x10 Avant Garde M310's.