Skip to main content
Topic: Some new fun goodies!! (Read 1085 times) previous topic - next topic

Some new fun goodies!!

This is the switch that came with the electric cutout. It doesnt make sense. front or back is on and side to side is off BUT the switch doesnt move side to side at all..
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Some new fun goodies!!

Reply #2
Well the switch doesnt stay in the on positions, it clicks back to a neutral position by its self. Maybe up or down does both jobs, opening and closing for the same motion.
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Some new fun goodies!!

Reply #3
It's called a momentary toggle. You have to hold the switch until it has fully opened or closed. You should be able to set it up so up opens it and down closes it, or vise versa.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Some new fun goodies!!

Reply #4
Exhaust cutout? Awesome, I want some for my Bird in the future. Be sure to make a video for us!
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Some new fun goodies!!

Reply #5
Oh okay thanks Bryan. Oh i'll get it on tape ; )
Another question, where is a good place to mount the switch. It seems to be too bulking for the dash console. I was thinking the center console but then id have to cut a hole in it and then figure how to hold it there...

Some new fun goodies!!

Reply #6
I have a couple toggles mounted here:

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Some new fun goodies!!

Reply #7
BTW, the way to mount it is to drill a hole in the panel, take the nut off the front of the switch, insert the switch through a hole in the panel, and put the nut back on to lock it in place.

Some new fun goodies!!

Reply #8
That looks good but i have stock switches there. ant, fuel and something else. that looks good though!

Some new fun goodies!!

Reply #9
I had one of those cutouts.  Be prepared for many times of having to pull it off to reattach the motor back onto it!  I tried just about everything to keep them in but the screws always vibrated out!

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick:

Some new fun goodies!!

Reply #10
the ones i bought from summit just had a up and down switch