Skip to main content
Topic: water leak in cab!!! (Read 3505 times) previous topic - next topic

water leak in cab!!!

Reply #15
BORNINAFORD

That is exactly where they leak. Especially on the drivers side. Personally i have fixed many. The way i fix the issue is i use that hole for the battery cable when relocating the BATTERY in the trunk. Other than that a new grommet and some body shots and it is fixed!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

water leak in cab!!!

Reply #16
I know this is an old thread but was looking for an answer to my water leak. It's not coming from the grommet for the hood release cable and so far I have not found leak around the windshield. It isn't loose anywhere that I can find. You can see in this vid that the water is dripping from above the grommet. Anybody have any ideals?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=667595136648939&l=7419300244568597060

water leak in cab!!!

Reply #17
That looks like a windshield seal. Try and localize it with the HOSE.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

water leak in cab!!!

Reply #18
Quote from: TOM Renzo;435570
That looks like a windshield seal. Try and localize it with the HOSE.

That's what I thought as well but dang if I can find it. That's what I have been doing. I got in the car and had the wife spray it with the hose to see where it was dripping from.

water leak in cab!!!

Reply #19
Well,it's not the windshield or the grommet. Sealed all around that side and didn't slow the leak down at all. By sealed I used the same rubber seal as the windshield ribbon and did that whole corner. It's below the windshield but it's not the grommet either as you can see it in the vid.It leaks even when you spray below the windshield and never get the windshield wet so I guess I will be removing the front fender or inner wheel well to inspect further...  Glad I let this thing sit in the rain before I put the carpet back in...lol

water leak in cab!!!

Reply #20
I pulled my carpet out because of water stains and mildew smell. Once the carpet was up I saw a few surface rust spots. Practically the same locations. The pedal, on passenger side by kick board and two spots halfway down both door sills. I was going to check the firewall and grommets as well as the hose method. I thought it was from the windows being left down in the rain by the PO.
If it looks like a duck.............walks like a duck...........quacks like a duck......................its a DUCK!

water leak in cab!!!

Reply #21
Well I finally got a chance to check deeper on my water leak. It's NOT the windshield or the hood release cable grommet. The only place that I coulf find that may be causing it is this seam on the cowl. Most of the seam sealer was missing. This car is rust free so there are no other holes and all the grommets are in good condition.

water leak in cab!!!

Reply #22
That seam above was the source of my leak. All cleaned,sealed,painted and fender reinstalled. No leak no more! Lol