Skip to main content
Topic: Its a sad day :( (Read 2798 times) previous topic - next topic

Its a sad day :(

I've started getting my silver bird ready for its new owner, I really dont want to let it go but its time to move on to better things.  :(

Reply #1
:(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2
Why are you selling it?

Reply #3
Someone you know? I always try to keep the ones I like but have to sell close. And try to sell them to someone who would take good care of them

Reply #4
I hope you have time to rethink this..... to me a car at some point comes to life with its own personality and now its scared to death.

Reply #5
the car will be going to my buddy that has our 87 TC.  He is 8788crossbreed here on the forum.  I know the car will be taken care of, the reason for selling is that I really need a truck and we have waaaaaaay to many cars right now.  Currently we have 7,      79 bird, 79 cougar, 83TC, 84 XR7, 88TC, 88TC, and a 2001 Expedition.  Something has to go and the 84 XR7 (bought from a guy that demoed it) will be parted out so it wont stay long either.  Honestly I do love the car but its time to move on and let it go.  I am in the market to buy a 2004 or 2005 F150.

Reply #6
I know how you feel... I sent my car to a new home this weekend as well.  I'm glad to have had the opportunity to drive what to me is one of the design triumphs of the 80s.

Reply #7
There sure is a lot of talk on this forum about letting go of their cars. Nothing wrong with moving on. My car has been good to me. I do have several other cars, a truck, and a Ducati, so my tastes vary. Personally, I have never liked any thing that has a computer or emissions.

Reply #8
I am gonna be buried in mine... prepaid coffin!

Reply #9
Quote from: beast50;403325

this is hard enough :flip:

Reply #11
Quote from: beast50;403325

I wonder if they would allow that, I always wanted to do that too.

Reply #12
Probably buy another one...2004 F150....nice trucks.  But that is like apples vs red.

Turbo Coupes are neat cars.

Travis

Reply #13
Quote from: turbotrav;404615
Probably buy another one...2004 F150....nice trucks.  But that is like apples vs red.

Turbo Coupes are neat cars.

Travis

I've had 5 turbo coupes, and I think its time to move on a bit, I will still have my 2 TC's but I really need a truck.

Reply #14
hey 88turbo when you part out the 84 xr7 let me know I really need some parts off of it.
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)