Skip to main content
Topic: quick easy interior question (Read 1061 times) previous topic - next topic

quick easy interior question

I want to take the rear interior side panels out.  Do I need to remove the rear upright seatback?  If so, how do I do it?
Mike

Reply #1
Yes, you need to remove the rear seat back.  The seat back is hung from a couple of "hooks" at or near the top of the seat back and are secured at the bottom by one bolt on each side in close proximity to the seatbelt attachment points. Once the bolts are removed from the bottom of the seat back, push the seat back up from the bottom.

Reply #2
T-50 Torx bit needed for the seat bolts at the bottom...they might be really difficult to remove, even with an impact gun. If so, you can try soaking them with penetrating oil overnight. Otherwise they might need torched from the bottom (not fun and potentially dangerous). Optionally, you can cut the metal tabs around the bolts to allow the seat back to be free.

Reply #3
I just needed to get the upper pieces out.  I was able to get them out without taking the rear seatback out.

Thanks guys for the quick responses guys.
Mike

Reply #4
I never took my seat out to remove my side panels
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook