Skip to main content
Topic: check this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Read 1399 times) previous topic - next topic

check this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this cougar at a local car lot. So I stopped in and gave it a test spin. It is an 86 model with the 3.8 CFI and it was a dog. I did notice that there is somthing wrong with the front end. Any how all in all its not that bad of a car only has 144,000 mi on it. I got some pics for you all to see. The guy at the lot told me he doesn't think that is has ever been in a wreck. they told me they wanted $1990 for it. They must be smoking some really good stuff.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Re: check this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #1
Looks to be in really nice shape...aside from the fact that it's a Blue Max Cougar with a Thunderbird front end. Not wrecked? Then why the T-Bird front clip...? That's what I'd be askin'. And also what was towed, and how often. If that car doesn't have the towing package, purchase = instant suspension work.

Reply #2
yeah the moulding around the bumper is a diffrent shade too. I would maybe take $1000 for it. But then again, It is still a v-6. amybe 1200 it looks pretty good even with the t-bird front clip. I would make them prove the alignment was good and have them pay for a cougar front end. Tell them that you know the diffrence and 1200 or so firm. They will prolly jump at it. If not, anyone can see the front is all messed up.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3
For a sub-$2000 car they aren't going to change the front end, they might do the alignment, but I doubt that.  They aren't as willing as new car dealers to make a sale.  They think "you don't like it how it is? too bad".

Reply #4
Of course it wasn't wrecked, people just like to put Tbird front ends on perfectly good Cougars. :rolleyes: :p
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #5
And hideous luggage racks...

Still looks like a solid car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
CougarBird or ThunderCat ?

Here there are plenty of these....

1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #7
I really like the Cougar back end with the 4-eyed T-bird nose.. but I don't think I'd touch that one with a ten foot pole. Screams of wreck to me. (as it does to others here) Of all my cars' faults, at least it appears that none of them have been in a significant wreck. There's one tiny little rusty wrinkle under the hood of my '86.. (front left corner, by the radiator and overflow tank) that's all I've been able to find as a possible sign of damage.

But hey, if you can work 'em down to a price you're comfortable with, go for it.

Reply #8
It's a ThunderCougarFalconBird!
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #9
Quote from: jkirchman
It's a ThunderCougarFalconBird!

That episode was on last night on adult swim

Salesman: Spotted her the minute you walked in didn't you sir? She's a real beauty.

Fry: Yup, she's beautiful coffee alright!

Salesman: No, the Ford Thundercougarfalconbird!

[Cut to: Malfunctioning Eddie's Showroom.]

Salesman: Nothing makes you feel more like a man than a Thundercougarfalconbird. So how much were you thinking of spending on this Thundercougarfalconbird?

Fry: Sorry, I'm not here to buy.

Salesman: I understand and I think its wonderful you don't care whether anyone questions your shagual orientation.

Fry: I care! I care plenty! I just don't know how to make them stop!

Salesman: One word...Thundercougarfalconbird!

Reply #10
i love adult swim and robot chicken

Reply #11
Well guys I'll tell you that the whole reason I stopped and looked at the car was because of the t-bird nose on a cougar. I acutally dorve the car to the storage place where I've got my 85 cougar at. I took some pics and showed the guy the difference right after I told him that I know it had been wrecked. I really liked how they covered the T-bird emblem outline on the grill with truck bed coating. Then after all that he ask what I would give him for it. He even offerd finnacing to me. I really don't think that the car is worth near what they wanted for it. For starters they had to jump it to get it started and the guy siad he dorve it last week. Also the power mirrors don't work and neither do the locks. He even told me that the A/c worked and when I opened the hood There wasn't even a belt on it.  someone pointed out that with the 3.8 it would be worth 1200. I doubt that. This thing couldn't get out of its own way. I always heard that the 3.8 was a dog but this was more than a dog compared to my 88 3.8 that is.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #12
Well 88 3.8's are more powerfull.  But if that guy strait up lied to you about something as small as the A/C I would call him out on it.  The guy sounds like a filthy lier.
One 88