Skip to main content
Topic: Um thoughts?.... (Read 3600 times) previous topic - next topic

Um thoughts?....

Reply #15
Quote from: Big B;399977
Yes, quite abit. I'm not racist whatsoever, other than against morons/trolls like Tom Renzo. There was nothing racist about pointing out a conclusion pretty much anyone would have came to after looking at that car.

Bleeding Heart much???...lol

Great Post! Refreshing to see an open mind here!

No bleeding heart here...just don't care for small minded comments, and i would like to see to you contribute 1/10th of the material that Tom does. Like him or not he is sincere and contributes more than most here, and always tries to be helpful.  Also, if you call streotyping whole ethnic groups "open minded" i really feel sad for you.  I won't change your point of view and it's foolish to even try, because you can't change stupidity.  I am done with you and your idiotic statements so either stay away, and do everyone a favor, or just use the forum in the manner it was designed.  It's supposed to be a "happy" place for the Thunderbird/Cougar hobbyist, and for the exchange of ideas and information relevant to our cars.  Personal attacks are not the norm here, and it's really not appreciated by any of the regulars.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Um thoughts?....

Reply #16
I feel I have a lot of friends here. Tom is definitely one of them! If anyone doesn't like it here on this forum, I'm sure that if you would just take the time to search the internet you will find what your looking for. I also appreciate it when these guy's have a difference of opinions, almost always they state their opinion in an adult manner with respect. Two sides to every coin? Well said MY83T! Big b, do yourself a favor and put the shovel down. Your not moving any mountains....your just digging yourself a very deep hole.

Um thoughts?....

Reply #17
White guys have built lowriders too, and whether or not someone of Mexican or Latino descent built that car is irrelevant, as is your opinion of the matter.

I suppose in your very narrow, black and white view, it's perfectly fine to put welds, drag radials, and a turbo on a Fox stang, but when someone makes a Mustang into a lowrider, you get all asschapped? What about some 24" donks? I bet that makes you lay awake most nights and mutter racist remarks too, eh?

I have a cousin...she married a Mexican guy. He's one of the nicest fellas one could meet. Oh, and he likes deer hunting, racing cars, and watching Cards baseball games.
He laughs at lowriders, says they're silly. He doesn't play the race card, he's respectful for most people, until they prove themselves undeserving.
You can bet your ass he doesn't say shiznit like "oh, another dumbass cracka whiteboy done built another drag Stang."

Justify the post however you want, but we all know you're an idiot at this point.

Bleeding heart? No, not from me.

Now, GFY and piss off.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Um thoughts?....

Reply #18
Quote from: Big B;399977
Yes, quite abit. I'm not racist whatsoever, other than against morons/trolls like Tom Renzo.

there's a lot of type A personalities around here not excluding myself by any means, tom is a team player weather you see it or not, has a big heart and its my belief he means well with every post. 
you gotta appreciate that for what its worth and if you dont see the diversity and experience he brings, i cant help you there.
simply put, I can be a pain in the rear end, so can a few other people but at the end of the day when the  hits the fan and you need help, rest asured you'll get help from anyone here 24x7. 

there have been a few trolls & morons who have been here in the past, putting them against Tom just doesnt make the conclusion you've come to add up.
i would reconsider if i were you ,, tom shines with his experince he shares not to say he's the best guy on the planet but he certainly can as well as many others out do me in car work and creativity.

Um thoughts?....

Reply #19
Quote from: jcassity;399938
Not to play games with the R word, just looking beyond "why would this be a problem"...... so here are THE FACTS.

If big b had said the following, you likely would not have reacted this way or even responded at all.......... but you chose to selectively enforce the rules based on your slective opinion of what you consider racism based on little or no facts at all.
Willing to bet my bank account that a grandmother owns that one...
Willing to bet my bank account that a canadian gentleman owns that one...
Willing to bet my bank account that a german gentleman owns that one...
Willing to bet my bank account that a irish gentleman owns that one...
Willing to bet my bank account that a british gentleman owns that one...
Willing to bet my bank account that a austrailian gentleman owns that one...
Willing to bet my bank account that a russian gentleman owns that one...
Willing to bet my bank account that a redneck gentleman owns that one...

Its a basic fact that the odds are very strong that someone of the african or mexican decent would lean towards that level of creativity in decorating cars.  Look at all the bright color use in mexico and in the african communities, or even the latino demographics, they are a culture of decorative nature , the chineese put all of them to shame with respect to decorations in my opinion.  Some of this in my opinion would be considered clashing or "over decorating"
Furthermore, the odds of that car being owned by someone of mexican decent is high, that being the case, you actually confirmed by coming back wtih your comment.  You knew the possibility existed yet you decided that based on your selective rule enforement, you would chastise someone for breaking your rules and playing with race card bait.
It would only be natural that a car be an extention of someones cultural background, and that brings me to my point below.

you are entitled to your own opinionis but you are no way entitled to your very own selective set of facts.

I think had maybe his first post been in the slightest way constructive, he wouldn't have the heat that he does now for it.

I see your point, but his post was simply opinion based on a mindset.
In other words, most of us here don't care at all if that car was built by a Mexican, a mountain goat, or a mermaid, but he chose to state his opinion anyway. To me, THAT is why he's a douche nozzle.

I see he's from North Carolina...having never been there (one of the few states I've not visited) I could say that people there are all ugly, 3 toothed, inbred dog humpers, but that would be an opinion that really has no place in a car forum.

I DO however know several people who are from, and still reside in N Carolina, and I can gladly say that they don't fit the description that I posted as an example.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Um thoughts?....

Reply #20
Quote from: T-BirdX3;399920
That's probably the best looking soft top I've seen used on these cars. The interior and wheels are from my personal choice of style though! Lol

I agree 100%, it works nice but it doesnt seem to fit the theme of the car.
Its a very good job in my opinion,, it would be nice to know if they can make a kit, there may be a few here who would want it.

Quote from: MY83T;399959
your statement is more offensive than the original post.
sorry about that, didnt mean to sound that way.

Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;400000
I see your point, but his post was simply opinion based on a mindset.
your right, however, look at the thread title.  "um thoughts?".  Big B had a thought.

Um thoughts?....

Reply #21
Big B's thought on this car was mine as well. I don't see anything offensive about Mr Cassity's post at all. It's just the truth. Looking through the right eyes, this car could be viewed as beautiful. Someone sure did a lot of work on this car. It's just not in our taste. I do have to mention the slam on Tom. Me and Tom do not always see eye to eye and argue quite frequently. However, we do not slam one another in threads where the argument is not happening. Tom is a valued member and tries to help us whenever he can. He in no way deserves this attack. Please keep your negative thoughts about other members to yourself. Thank U.

Um thoughts?....

Reply #22
Quote from: Chrome;400028
Big B's thought on this car was mine as well. I don't see anything offensive about Mr Cassity's post at all. It's just the truth. Looking through the right eyes, this car could be viewed as beautiful. Someone sure did a lot of work on this car. It's just not in our taste. I do have to mention the slam on Tom. Me and Tom do not always see eye to eye and argue quite frequently. However, we do not slam one another in threads where the argument is not happening. Tom is a valued member and tries to help us whenever he can. He in no way deserves this attack. Please keep your negative thoughts about other members to yourself. Thank U.

We are in complete agreement about Tom and the negative attacks against him.  The issue i raised is not about the car or the taste of the owner, or even whether its nice or not.  Its the assumption of the owner being of a particular heritage based upon stereotype.  That i do find offensive.  Its never right or ok to bracket people into a stereotype.  If the comment was limited to "i hate that car", or "what py or gaudy taste" i would have zero to say, and would probably agree for the most part.  I have experienced racism up close and personal, and i can tell you its a very ugly thing.    If you were to show this post to a Mexican or latino person, i can assure that they would take offense to the idea that a "low rider" must belong to a Mexican.  That is my only point.  I don't want to beat this to death, and certainly don't think ill of anyone here, i just want to try and show the other side of the argument.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Um thoughts?....

Reply #23
This, and another thread should be locked and/or removed. It's getting to where we can't have threads her on the forum with all this  tossed in. It's an embarrassment to the forum, and it's happening more and more often. Just enjoy the forum, and be nice. Easy stuff to do.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Um thoughts?....

Reply #24
I guess as the resident Hispanic I will respond.  I am personally not offended by the comment that the car is owned by a Mexican, (as it is probably correct) but then again I don't get offended easily.  I wonder if people see my car and assume it must have been built by a Caucasian?  I will also add that the only lowrider I have ever ridden in was owned by a white guy.

David, I do applaud you for being quick to try to stop these kinds of comments on the board.  Whether offensive or not, they don't have a place on the board.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Um thoughts?....

Reply #25
the interior would give a new meaning to "heater core change"  LOL.

Um thoughts?....

Reply #26
OK like the ground FX on it, dislike gold wheels on blue cars. And the interior... welll... to each his own :P
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Um thoughts?....

Reply #27
I stop trying to derail these threads after my own incident awhile back. I just try to ignore the unrelated and don't post if I can't say anything nice. I only get irked if I feel like I'm being poked fun at and there is a band wagon. That being said, I read the reason they use 14 inch wheels on low riders is when they raise or lower them it jacks the caster/camber and eats the wheels to hell. 14 inch wheels are cheap lol.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Um thoughts?....

Reply #28
Since the car is in Salem, the builder is probably Oregonian, not Mexican.
1990 Mark VII LSC
1990 Mark VII LSC SE
1969 Cougar 351W

Um thoughts?....

Reply #29
Quote from: Soul;400052
I stop trying to derail these threads after my own incident awhile back. I just try to ignore the unrelated and don't post if I can't say anything nice. I only get irked if I feel like I'm being poked fun at and there is a band wagon. That being said, I read the reason they use 14 inch wheels on low riders is when they raise or lower them it jacks the caster/camber and eats the wheels to hell. 14 inch wheels are cheap lol.

It's all in fun..until someone gets (butt)hurt. Besides..when have 14" wheels fit over the front brakes on a TC?? lol

I'd say the reason for 14" wheels is probably so there's a little more sidewall..

And, not to be racist, but there are a lot of Mexican folk in the Pacific NW. ;)
'98 Explorer 5.0