Skip to main content
Topic: A-pillar gauge pod (Read 9302 times) previous topic - next topic

A-pillar gauge pod

Hey!
I'm wondering, which A-pillar gauge pods fit for the Thunderbird? I'm not expecting a perfect fit but those that can be heated abit with a heatgun to fit.
Tried a 87-93 Mustang gauge pod and that will never fit on there no matter how much heat I'll put on it.
Looking for a gauge pod for 2 gauges. 3 could work too.

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #1
Here is the POD on the MIDNIGHTER. Tom Jr custom fabricated and fitted from a cheap universal unit. Their is no unit that will fit that you can buy. You have to mold a universal one in to the stock pillar cover. Their are other T Bird sites that want these. But that is another story!!! But as some know i would rather have needles stuck in my eyes than OPINE. JR is a body man and he amazes me every day!!!

I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #2
Lots of fabing and time to get it right

I spend money I don't have, To build cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #3
I used one for a '94-99 Mustang, with a little heat and persuasion it fits pretty good.  :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #4
I was actually thinking of the 94-95 Mustang.
Looks like a good fit after some treatment!
Probably gonna give that one a try :)

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #5
Quote from: TOM Renzo;399630
Lots of fabing and time to get it right

LMAO! What exactly was fabbed there? That is a stock parts store piece, that every boy ricer in between here and sacramento has heat molded to their A-Pillar. Have seen it 1000's of times.

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #6
Quote from: Big B;399640
LMAO! What exactly was fabbed there? That is a stock parts store piece, that every boy ricer in between here and sacramento has heat molded to their A-Pillar. Have seen it 1000's of times.

WELL WELL lets see a photo is worth a thousand words,So you are laughing out loud. I specifically said Tom Jr molded a store bought unit in to the stock PILLAR COVER. Their is an old saying the one that laughs LAST ALWAYS LAUGHS LOUDER. I DONT BS or haven't you noticed it YET. Anyone with a heat gun and a couple of tech screws can bolt one on. THAT IS NOT OUR STYLE. Hope you have a NICE DAY. This BS is starting to get to me on this site.  Either way i love it when some BEATER MOUTHS OFF ABOUT shiznit YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. So grab a hand full of tech screws and a heat gun and mount your VOLT METER AND OIL PRESSURE GAUGE ON YOUR PILLAR.  I dont give a shiznit what you laugh about. My Son has hours making this for me. And every show we bring the car to it always makes people take a second look. We do not just screw on shiznit like beaters like you DO.  I am finished with this BS of people calling me out. Care to respond to that better yet F %$# YOU.  That is the end for me I AM DUN!!! Thank you for allowing me to share some of my projects with the people that care.

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #7
I used the same mustang one as above. it isn't a perfect fit but heat gun and smashing it makes it conform.

Side note, Cougarman I have those EXACT same gauges and pillar but my gauges are in the opposite spots lol.

And ya noticed it was smooth :P some one didn't look close before posting lol.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #8
Tom, I noticed the lack of screws and thought it must be a fab.  I like it, and when I get around to my interior I may just do one for myself that way.  My shoestring budget and I are still working through mechanicals and form must follow function, not the other way around.

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #9
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;399655
Tom, I noticed the lack of screws and thought it must be a fab.  I like it.

:iagree:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #10
Well, this certainly turned a shiznit storm.

Maybe it's time some of us left our egos at the door...I'll start first, as that.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #11
Thunder just for the record B must be blind. He asked about white faced gauges. Clearly the Midnighter has them. Just look at the PHOTO. This is what  ME OFF. Not that it is my way or the HIGHWAY. I think between my staff and son we have built some dam nice cars. I wanted to share this and GOT HAMMERED AS USUAL. With that yes it was a shiznit storm. And i am very familiar with this sort of thing. (MARINE) So i would like to know why i got flamed posting a POD on a ford vehicle. Normally i am getting POUNDED for posting GM shiznit. With that if you think this is fair please ADVISE. It is not a TIT FOR TAT situation. A question was asked i answered it and got NAILED for absolutely no reason. Whats WITH THAT!!! Thanks!!

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #12
Tom: Just ignore him.
You've done a great job with your gauge pod and you know that! I really like that! :)
We'll see if I do something like that in the future but first I'll probably just get it on the A-pillar and get it all working. Got too much to do on the car this winter already.

I'll order the 94-95 Mustang gauge pod and make that fit decent with some screws and when I've bothered myself enough watching the screws everyday I might do something similar to what you've done :)

Thanks for the answers! :)

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #13
Thanks 88 I really appreciate your honesty and concern. Have a good day.

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #14
The one I had attached with double sided tape but 100 plus days made short work of that, I drilled a small hole and put a push tab in it, doesn't look as bad as a screw IMHO
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"