Skip to main content
Topic: Coolant hose (Read 1794 times) previous topic - next topic

Coolant hose

Reply #15
Well your not saying much. :hick: Maybe you have that hard of a time doing them that it takes you 2 1/2 hours, but not everyone does.... I have very little experience doing them in fox body cars, but I have done 4 of them so far, and it never took me more than 1 1/2 hours of work to get the entire job done. They where some of the easiest heater core R&R's I have ever done in any vehicle. But then again I am young and full of energy, so I tend to get things done fast, lol. Maybe a little harder than doing a lower intake, but the same skill set still applies there, so there's no reason that the man couldn't do it on a leisurely sunday evening in his garage. Even if he doesn't know what exactly to do, he should still be able to get it done in a few hours. Pretty much all the aftermarket heater cores are . Literally 1000's of people on other forums have reported them as starting to leak after only 3-4 months of use, and on cars that only see low-rpm daily driving. So your comments hold no water there.

Coolant hose

Reply #16
I am retired now, and like Crazy88 stated "nothing has a time critical component anymore". I'm not running a race. I was once young and full of.... but with time, I've learned to enjoy the few friends I have even more than my cars. For those of you who have reached out and helped me, thou we've never met..."Thank You"!

Coolant hose

Reply #17
Quote from: Big B;399543
but I have done 4 of them so far, and it never took me more than 1 1/2 hours of work to get the entire job done. QUOTE]

seriously? 
Ill pay you 500Bucks cash to come do mine.  Heck,, I'll come to you with a FoMoCo new core in the box.

Coolant hose

Reply #18
Thunderjet302,
                    Good thing I hang on to all the old parts until I'm done and sure I don't need them any more! I found the connector that went between the two hoses (one end smaller that the other, so it's a perfect fit), then I put two new hoses on, both about 6" long, (I did this when I had the manifold on my bench, so I could see what I was doing). Then after I installed the manifold, I pushed the hose against the firewall and shaped it into a square. It fits real nice.