Skip to main content
Topic: My '88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe - Road Race Car Project (Read 2501 times) previous topic - next topic

My '88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe - Road Race Car Project

Reply #1
Welcome, you have a fine looking specimen there.

Reply #2
Nice car. One day at a time with these things. parts are getting scarce. Welcome aboard the train.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Welcome aboard! :burnout:
Nice score you made there! Looks to be a very good foundation for your project. Looking forward to the progress-pics.

John[/FONT]

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #4
Nice starting point for a project.
85 TC stock auto
87 Sport 347, C4, 750 carb, LT, 3" exhaust

Reply #5

Reply #6
Curious what color the interior is, looks black or char. grey. I have a bird that same color in the junk and it has blue interior which confused the bejesus out of me.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #7
Quote from: Soul;398032
Curious what color the interior is, looks black or char. grey. I have a bird that same color in the junk and it has blue interior which confused the bejesus out of me.

The "raven" cloth interior fades over time and appears to be a medium to darker blu'sh and grey instead of the original colors of charcoal and grey. SMS might have the material for restoration if necessary.

Reply #9

Reply #10
Well, a few things fell into place tonight and I'm now 100% sure that I'm done with the 2.3T, and am dropping a carb'd 351w into this car. Now, I need to decide if I should rebuild the low-mileage '79 351w block that I already have rotting in my shed, buy a crate 351w, or source junkyards for low-mileage 94+ roller 351w's. The 2.3T still runs fine, so it's going to be pulled soon, and we are gonna install the entire setup into my buddy's daily driver Volvo. I am gonna help get him converted over to run pure E85 in it as well.

Stay Tuned.

Reply #11
Looks like things have changed yet again. I just picked up an amazing '03 Cobra, that is gonna become my new Road Race Car/Rice Stomper. So the Turbo Coupe is gonna get to remain 2.3T, it is not gonna remain stock in any way though. I'm still gonna build the car into what I've always wanted out of a T-Bird. Gonna start a new thread soon to dospoogeent the progress.