Skip to main content
Topic: A big maybe............ (Read 2794 times) previous topic - next topic

A big maybe............

Reply #30
I'd rather keep factory style, but it is still early in the game. I really don't like the march brackets that much.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

A big maybe............

Reply #31
Quote from: vinnietbird;397682
I'd rather keep factory style, but it is still early in the game. I really don't like the march brackets that much.

I don't blame you with regards to having a preference for factory brackets.  The March brackets probably work, but they are kinda "ricery", a term my Brother used recently . :mullet:

A big maybe............

Reply #33
Thanks a lot. I bookmarked it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

A big maybe............

Reply #34
After making a list of the parts I'll need. I have come to the conclusion that I should have this baby done by 2015.

A big maybe............

Reply #35
Pan, pickup, and lower intake are the biggest parts of it, otherwise, it's about like swapping in an HO.

IF I go that route with the stang some day, it'll have to be efi...which means I need to save NOW for the lightning lower....I think the other intakes are hideous looking. I want explorer or gt40 uppers, but right now my thoughts for the stang have a few more cubes than a Windsor...lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

A big maybe............

Reply #36
For me, a 351 with aluminum heads should be comparable to my current 5.0, if not a tad lighter as far as weight goes. Any bigger would kill handling I think...........but could be wrong.. The oil pan and pickup are easy. The lower intake, that's expensive. Not sure what direction I'll take when it comes to an intake. Plenty of time to look around. I saw a lot of distributors on Ebay, so, I know they are readily available.

If I can find anything locally, that would be great. Gotta hit up a yard or two next Friday. Maybe I'll find a distributor here, along with a few small pieces.

A big maybe............

Reply #37
I pulled the intake and valve covers. Full roller engine. The oil was nasty and black, and under the valve covers was/is black, but no sludge at all. I will probably have the heads off tomorrow, then I can check the cylinder walls and see more of what I have on the stand.

A big maybe............

Reply #38
Vinnie, just grab yourself a dizzy from a 1994 and up truck 351w at the salvage yard, unless you do want an aftermarket piece.

I may or may not have one somewhere here, seems like I recall picking one up years ago when I wanted to build a 351w, but never got any further than getting two longblocks and a 4bbl intake..
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

A big maybe............

Reply #39
I could go with a remote TFI, but, I'd actually rather keep it like the 5.0, and have the TFI on the distributor. I'll check some trucks if I can find one. None at the yard I usually go to.