Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Thunderbird from Sweden (Read 45226 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Thunderbird from Sweden

Reply #195
Quote from: STANG8U;429533
Bad ass man very clean

And just watch out for small animals and children lol

Cheers mate.

The kids and animals have to move themselves ;)

Quote from: thunderjet302;429596
Looking good :).

I really want one of those Holley Systemax intakes. I'm just lazy and I don't want to pull the GT40 intake. Plus those things aren't cheap ;).

A Systemax isn't very expensive.
You replace it in one evening ;) Takes me 5 minutes to rip off the upper intake (been practicing with shiznit breaking all the time :p )

Reply #196
Quote from: Thunderbird88;429629
Cheers mate.
A Systemax isn't very expensive.
You replace it in one evening ;) Takes me 5 minutes to rip off the upper intake (been practicing with shiznit breaking all the time :p )

Oh it's not hard to change. It's $600. Due to an upcoming wedding I can't blow $600 on an intake. Stupid wedding :hick:.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #197
Quote from: thunderjet302;429725
Oh it's not hard to change. It's $600. Due to an upcoming wedding I can't blow $600 on an intake. Stupid wedding :hick:.

Blow the wedding off! "Sorry honey, I just really wanted a new intake for the car"

Reply #198
I love my holley

Reply #199
Quote from: Thunderbird88;429751
Blow the wedding off! "Sorry honey, I just really wanted a new intake for the car"

Sure that will go over well :rollin:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #200
No update, just playing with something that is dead.
I really miss her, 6 more weeks...

Reply #201
Any plans on wheels of suspension ?

Reply #202
I have coil overs for front.
Wheel change will be when I go to 5-lug and most likely Champion wheels in a bigs n little setup.
Rear suspension really needs some fixing and the rear axle gonna get other gears (3.55 now) and new axles etc.

But before all that, Ill probably buy a new car. Been saving money for some time for a "new" car.

Reply #203
Would look killer on bigs and littles

Reply #204
Definetly!
But that will have to wait a little bit. Im almost never home anyways.

Reply #205
Quote from: Thunderbird88;393345
Hello!
I've been lurking around here for years but never really posted my car.
Thought I can do it today when I got some pics of it.
Got it street legal today and it's fantastic!
Me and my father have been restoring it for a few years now, started out as a rusty wreck pretty much. Had been stolen once and so on.
Alot of thanks to my father for being the best father ever :bowdown:

But today it looks like this.

The armrests has been taken off for some repairs.

And videos ;)
Exhaust video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sID7V-7BJ2Y

Exhaust video, some of the engine bay and interior etc. And a little revving
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ieZg80Ce21I

The engine has some goodies in it, Mustang H.O manifold, ported heads, cammed, followed by a mildly prepped AOD tranny, Mustang 8.8 rearend which we've made wider to fit the car (everyone shortens rearends, we do it the other way :D) with 3.55 gearing and ofcoursed it's got a real differential in it.
Shorty headers with 2½" home made exhaust, magnaflow cats and flowmaster lers. All stainless steel ofcourse.
Sitting on 16" American Racing wheels with Mickey Thompson tires in the rear.
It's actually painted in our garage which I shall mention. Lots of work before and after and it's simply great. You can't tell it's painted in a garage.

While I'm at it, I can show you my dads Thunderbird too. If you're intersted (ofcourse you are) :)

It's got a 347" in it, T56 transmission, 9" rearend with 4.10 gearing and a Detroit locker.
Don't know all facts about it but the car is a blast.

And we've also got some other stuffs like 3 Lincoln Mark Viii's, Mercury Grand Marquis, whippled '03 10th anni etc.
But the fox bodies are the cars I'm posting because it's simply great cars :)

Hope you like them! :)
More pics will come, have to get a photoshoot with both my dads T-bird and mine together. And also with our 3 Lincolns :)

Does your fathers car have wheel spacers on the front?
'88 Thunderbird LX
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Engine:  FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
Exhaust:  shorty headers, BBK O-R X-pipe, glasspacks w/ turn downs
Misc:  8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs
&
'74 F100 Custom 351W

Reply #206
Quote from: GDawg148;431658
Does your fathers car have wheel spacers on the front?

Yes, had to because otherwise the rim wouldnt sit flush to the hub. The hubs diameter is too big maybe 2/3 in.
Fun story, took me a long time to notice that. I had been driving maybe 1 month with a gap of maybe 1-2cm between the rim and the hub but I never noticed because I had somehow, on both sides, got the wheel on perfectly straight anyways! Zero vibrations!

Reply #207
I like the air intake tube setup with the large element and shroud to help block off engine heat.  Nicely done.  I'm guessing this was a custom fabrication?  Never seen one like that for a foxbody car.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #208
V8Demon: Yes, custom fabrication on that shroud.

I arrived in Sweden last Tursday night and been working so hard on the car I forgot to take pictures.
But took a few.
Started with drilling the hood

Then the engine went apart to replace the woodruff key on the crank that got damaged at the same time as the harmonic balancer.

At the same time I wanted to install my head studs I bought. They didnt fit! After a lot of swearing I realise that I have bought studs for 302 with 351 heads...
Fortinetly my fathet is a Tbird parts der so in the attic we found brand new ARP bolt for this engine, never used. Way better than whats in it (stock reused bolts...) so I threw them in.

Jump forward one day and it looks like this

Last thing before test drive!

Keep the plate on the underside in place with many screwdrivers!

End result! Changed the py screws that came in the kit with brown/black torx, much better!

Now shes getting a bath and waxed!

Reply #209
I never posted the video of it!
[video=youtube;7iBT0oYz884]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iBT0oYz884[/video]