Skip to main content
Topic: Fuel Pump (Read 957 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuel Pump

So it looks like my fuel pump ped out on me. Yay seems like whenever i get a little inflow of extra money to save for the 5.0 swap something decides it needs to break. I have a '87 3.8 and knowing I'm going to upgrade to a 5.0 soon would getting a 190 lph pump be bad? Or should I just opt for a stock replacement?Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fuel Pump

Reply #1
I personally would put the upgraded pump in .
Fox-less at the moment

Fuel Pump

Reply #2
If you go to the trouble of dropping the tank, you might as well install a new filter and 255 lph pump.
Ken Collins, BadShoe Productions
How To Videos specializing in Ford powertrains

Fuel Pump

Reply #3
Yeah that's my exact thought. What are some good brands? Walbro,BBK,Jegs? Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fuel Pump

Reply #4
I bought the Summit brand (which was a walbro).
Ken Collins, BadShoe Productions
How To Videos specializing in Ford powertrains

Fuel Pump

Reply #5
Get a walbro pump. When you go to pick one up, pull it aout of the package, and only buy it if it says walbro or bosche on it. Me and my buddie tried a cheapie and it ped out in less then a week, it would build any fuel pressure. It was an airtek brand I think.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Fuel Pump

Reply #7
It should, yes. Just make sure its a quality brand, nit a no name with a number stamped on it, before you install it. The mustang pump will work fine, but your hanger is a bit different. Get yourself a new o-ring and seal for the top of the tank.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Fuel Pump

Reply #8
Thanks I'll be ordering one hope this fixes it and I don't have to drive a Kia much longer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]