Skip to main content
Topic: 10" drums, on a TC 8.8, with 5 lug axles. Update and success! (Read 6721 times) previous topic - next topic

10" drums, on a TC 8.8, with 5 lug axles. Update and success!

Reply #30
Cool, no worries. Whatever you can get, I'd appreciate :)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #31
The rear is in, bolted tight, yadda yadda. Started the engine, put the trans in first, let it spin the diff for a couple of minutes. Everything seems to work fine, so I guess it's time to find some coin for new tires in 16". I'd LOVE some 315/45's, but I don't see a money tree in my pea patch.

Think I'm going to take a break from the Bird for a few weeks, I've got a *gasp* Chevy truck to strip down and swap the powertrain into my 4x4. Be a nice upgrade to a 350 from that gutless hunk of sh*t 305. Oil leaking, coolant burning hunk of sh*t.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can scare up motivation to get the interior parts....well, back in the interior of the Bird. Meaning, dash in, wiring, etc. One fire was enough, back to original stuff and cross my fingers. One more cloud of smoke, and I'm done with it.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #32
SO the verdict is cheap 5lug route for those not wantion to convert to rear discs with 10" drums is:

1.)TC/ GT Stang 11" Spindles and Mark VII Rotors
    A.) SN95 Spindles+ Rotors
2.) SN95 axels with ABS exciters removed
    A.) 1988 Grand Marquis 10" Drums and factory 10" backing plates

Sounds pretty darn nice to me.

Reply #33
Yup!
'98 Explorer 5.0