Skip to main content
Topic: took off my cylinder head and WOW. PICTURES NOW (Read 3341 times) previous topic - next topic

took off my cylinder head and WOW. PICTURES NOW

Where can i find the instructions at do it? Last time i got if off coolcats or something like that but i couldnt find it this time. Any help please?!?!
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Reply #1
You need THIS tool.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #2
and LAME....
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Reply #3
ive put in 26 hours of work and 7 miles of running on 6 hours of sleep in the last two days. maybe on different day a may laugh but not today thunder. not today

Reply #4
btw, what do you do in your spare time to find stuff like that?

Reply #5
I think of stuff like that after working on 11 machines for 8 hours straight, with 4 hour periods of sleep in between, also doing my share of raising 2 kids, and trying to keep things held together.

I've learned to see humor in places where it normally wouldn't be...in the end, we're all worm food. And I don't just laugh at others'...I too have a bunch of f*ckups that crack me up...albeit a day or so after the fact...

And I actually saw that a few months ago, filed it away in my mind for a good time to play it...nothing personal, and I knew you meant cylinder head. ;)

Did you find the info you seek?
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #6
Afraid I don't understand the subject line: "taking off my cylinder tomorrow"
leaves me thinking 2 things
1.  Why are you wearing a cylinder?
2.  If you take off your cylinder, what will you put on in it's place?

Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's what it made me think.

Reply #7
Well, he could be working on an air cooled engine of the German persuasion....but I think those are referred to as jugs. Jugs? Hmmm.
I need sleep. And jugs.

Night night folks :)
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #8
thank you, i stand corrected. cylinder head.

Reply #9
Bring you tools to the car and start unbolting things till it lifts off. Remove the timing belt and the tensioner. remove the bolts from the exhaust manifold and push it asides a slight bit. Remove the upper and lower intake and valve cover. Then the 10 head bolts and the turbo lines and heater hoses and upper hoses. Then pull the head OFF. Simple!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #10
So when i got my head off i looked at the exhaust valves and there is abunch of gunky oil that was seeping past my valve stem seals. So i found why i was burning oil so badly. Secondly, i am done using fred meyers gas!!!! my pistons and my cylinder heads are SOOOO gunked up. it was too dark tonight for a picture so i'll do that tomorrow. But wow. no more freddies gas ever!

Reply #11

Reply #12
Leaking Valve stem seals and py Fred meyers gas :)

Reply #13
 dawg what you cookin in there?

Reply #14
Actually the seals could have been changed with the head still on the car. And everyone knows cheap gas has no additives or should i say not enough as other fuels. That head is OIL FOULED!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!